What's hapening (livestock) @ Pet Stop after the fire?

Reaction score
Hi reefers

I get a lot of inquiries like:
  • What is happening at Pet Stop now?
  • Are you guys going to go as big into marines as you were before the fire?
  • When will your coral tank (Betsie) have stock again?
  • Is it worth my time to drive out to you guys?
  • Why are you not posting as much as you previously did on MASA?
  • I always got emails from you guys now I do not receive any :(?
So I decided to answer some of these in this thread.

Pet Stop officially reopened on the 28th of Mei, our marine department had only 12 000 liters of marine aquariums on that day. Since then we did restart all the normal aquariums we had before the fire and added a 3.2 x .75 x .75 meter reef display unit and do not forget "Betsie" our 2.3 x 1.3 x .75 coral holding aquarium. giving us 20 000++Liters of marine display aquariums.

The first real coral orders are landing next week (3 shipments - Kenya, Indonesia and Vietnam) and only then I would have the piece of mind to tell you all COME AND VISIT OUR NEW marine department.

Our future plans is to install 4 additional marine aquariums of 2.8 x .70 x .60 dimensions. The stands should be here next week and then the building would start.

All of these aquariums would be stocked like in the past leading to lots and lost of specimens to select from in the future, even more that before the fire.:yeahdude::yeahdude:

Betsie and the 3.2 "play aquarium" would each get their own thread :thumbup:

Pick's

Hi

A pick of the aquariums with Shawn busy cleaning them. ;)

5074e1ed74a4b7f5.jpg

They still need to get their sliders and the top cover is still outstanding, but at least you could see the 25 display aquariums on one side. the other side (behind "Betsie") has got multiple small chambers for the small fish, inverts and crabs.

Did you notice the flow bins on top? They are for water changes and top-ups. With the amount of aquariums to maintain without smart moves like this, Shawn K, Didi, Godfrey and Shawn M would not have time to assist customers. They would be very fit and strong thought:p

Looking great Oom!:thumbup:

Extremely glad that Pet Stop is coming back to it's former glory, love going there every time I visit Pretoria. Best of luck:thumbup:

am gonna have to make the drive now - before i start buying for my tank

Their prices seem very reasonable, cant wait for that really big tank to pop up

Thanks

Thank you guys for the compliments - We will do our best not to disappoint you:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom