what to run with atu unit

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by 4age, 8 Sep 2013.

1. 4age

4age

not sure if this is the right place for this thread. im going to run my atu unit on tank soon..my question is..what additives can I add to the ro water compartment besides kalk to help with keeping stable water parameters.

can bicarb be dosed into ro water?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Are you planning on adding kalk directly to the RO chamber? Remember that you will need to keep your pump above the kalk that settles at the bottom of the chamber and also have a way to stir the kalk every few hours. Also kalk has a very high pH which might affect other additives. It's best to add kalk via a kalk stirrer which is connected to your RO chamber, and to add additives via dosing pumps or manually.

4. NO3

NO3

I cheated a bit !!!!

Used the smallest reef octo**** reactor to mix my kalk! tube sits in the Kalk and is disrupted slightly when the pump turns on! works like a dream and half 1/4 of the price!

5. brentv

brentv

Just a question too as I have been giving this some thought.
    Could you not add a tablespoon of Kalk into a plastic bottle with a teaspoon of vinegar...
    Shake it like crazy, leave it until the next day then add the clear liquid to your ATU Resevoir:blush:??

6. Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Can you post a pic or give us the model number of that reactor. Did u have to mod it at all.

Recent Posts