What to keep

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Annoying, 15 Jul 2009.

1. Annoying

Annoying

Hey!

Finally started to convert my freshwater tank to marine!

The tank is 1800mm x 600mm x 600mm.

Want to make it a reef tank so I would like to know what kind of fish can I put in there. At the moment I have a powder blue tang, 2 african clowns and 2 yellowtail damsels that I'm gonna put in when the tank is fully cycled. I thaught of adding a yellow tang and a hippo tang and a coral beauty angel but I think a few more fish should be needed... Any suggestions to put in please!!!;)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. scubaninja

scubaninja

tangs are good, angels too. but watch out for damsels, they can be a problem with aggression at times. For Powder blues they must go into a tank last as they are bery aggressive and would wack any newbies furiously. And i hope you dont think you are going to add all of that in one go right after a cycle? No no. in long tanks shoalers are nice. Anthias or Chromis?

4. IMarine

IMarine

I second that Scubaninja and dont forget stabality from seachem

5. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

I will be interested to see if the powder blue will be alive next week. My guess is a white spot outbreak in a new environment. So keep your eyes open for signs of white spot. I do not want to dampen your enthusiasm but who ever sold you a powder blue tang to put into a new tank needs to be band from the hobby. IMO

If there are signs of white spot, put your additions on hold for a month or so.

Please do not add Anthias to your tank just yet. They are not easy to keep and require regular heavy feeding.

6. Annoying

Annoying Thread Starter

I think there was a misunderstanding in my topic. I already have a 200 litre marine tank that has been running for months now with a powder blue tang and clownfish and the damsels. My 650 litre tank is in the cycle and when It's finished I'm going to ad the 2 yellowtail damsels. Then wait a week or two (till the system is ready again). Add the clowns after that and then last my PB with the yellow tang and hippo tang at the same time so that they don't fight! I just want to know what fish would be nice to keep since a have allot of time to workout anything untill the tank is ready

Ps. the tang is in such a small tank because it's a grow out tank to make it stronger for when I switch to the big tank then I know it's healthy.

7. Tony

Tony

I would keep the PB tang in your current setup add the other tangs and then the PB. I had a PB of mine kill a yellow tang. I'm with Scubaninja on the anthias and chromis with a nice school of ten or twelve. The dwarf angel should be OK and I would skip the yellow tails

Recent Posts