What to do to improve?

Hmmm.... maybe explain what the "madness" is.

Also we require the following FIRST to be able to advise:

1. System Info
Tank Size
Sump Size
Amount of Live Rock in Tank and Sump
Filtration what do you do:
skimmer make and model
Do you have a DSB
Do you use some sort of Cheato or other plants for nutrient export.
What lighting do you use
How do you feed your corals (if at all)

Then Live Stock info:
What corals are they - how long have you had them
What Fish do you have in the tank
Amount of fish
Type of fish

Then some water parameters - Crucial
What is:
The type of test kit you using - have you checked its expire date?
Below please specify the type of measurement you are using i.e. PPM or Total PP04 (in case of Phosphate)
1. Ammonia:
2. Nitrite N02:
3. Nitrate N03:
4. Phosphate P04
5. PH:
6. Calcium:
7. Magnesium:
8. Alkalinity (KH):

I know it looks like a lot but try and fill in as much as possible, this allows us to diagnose and aid you in a much more constructive way.

Also a PICTURE of the tank would be great too for us to see he shape it's in.

I asked you some questions in your other thread, let's take it from there. You don't have to start more threads on the problem.

Check in my signature for help on posting pictures. You will have to re-size the pictures with Microsoft office picture manager if you are using the image Uploader.

Here's your picture

4644fb53b2a5fd30.jpg

Groote van Tank en Sump...wat is die groote van jou DSB...
Watse Coral het jy in jou Tank..?
Hoe lank het jy dit...
Watter ligte gebruik jy...
Wat baie belangrik is...is die feit dat ons jou uitslae van die "toetse" moet sien...
...Kalsium...magnesium..eg..

4f tank
3f sump
dsb hoogte 0.22 brete 0.32 lente 0.40 sand is 0.10van onder af
2 channel voyager controller
2 v2 3000l/h sicce
ts2 otp-2ooo skimmer
ligte diy 6 54w 2blue 2 whit 1 aquablue 1 aquapink
bio pellet reactor
return pump 2000l/h
no2 nitrite 0 mg/l=ppm
no3 nitrate 1 mg/l=ppm
po4 phosphate 0mg/l=ppm
kh/alkalinity 0.05ml,s kh value in dkh 15.5 alkalnity in meq/l 5.50

Jou Alkalinity lyk baie hoog vir my...het jy SPS Corals...? Ek sou se miskien 9-11 as jy SPS het...ek staan onder korreksie angesien ek nie het nie...wat is jou Magnesium en Calsium...?

Last edited:
het 4 zoeas en een federdaster [een oringspang maar is besag om te vrek] en twee tubwurmes wat vantasties grooi tubeanenmie

Last edited:
Unfortunately, calcium and alkalinity are linked 4,5 in many ways in reef tanks, and these links can lead to serious problems if they are not fully understood. If, for example, you add too much of a calcium supplement, you will drive down alkalinity as you get precipitation of calcium carbonate in the tank. Likewise, adding too much of an alkalinity supplement can result in reduction of calcium. Consequently, trying to correct one problem can cause another. Moreover, if you try to correct a calcium or alkalinity “problem” with the wrong type of additive, you might accomplish nothing more than creating limestone in your tank.
Chemistry And The Aquarium: Solving Calcium And Alkalinity Problems — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog

Die 3 "werk tesame"...die feit dat jou ALK so hoog is laat my glo dat MAG en CAL ook uit balans is...kry toetse vir hulle...dis die eerste stap wat ons kan doen...hulle is baie belangrik...kry daardie 3 reg en dan vat ons dit verder...

Ca, Alk and Mg are inter related and optimum levels are essential for optimum coral growth. If not maintained at or near optimum levels organisms will not grow, become stressed and can even die. Ca, Alk and Mg are the primary ingredients in creating Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3) which is the skeleton of LPS and SPS corals.
Calcium, Alkalinity and Magnesium « Welcome to Captive Reef Eco Systems

A Simplified Guide to the Relationship Between Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium and pH by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Ek weet nie watse Kits jy gebruik nie...maar ek gebruik Salifert...
test_kits_salifert.jpg

Die "water additives" wat ek gebruik is Aquavitro....
aquavitro . calcification Calsium
aquavitro . eight.four Alkalinity
aquavitro . ions Magnesium

'n Mens moet altyd die Magnesium eers opbring tot die regte vlak, dan die ander twee...anders sal jy elke dag ingooi en niks kom daarvan nie...

maar as die pink pers alg op die klip en glas grooi beteken dit nie dat die tank gesond is nie en ek het alerande klein wit goed wat soos srimpes lyk in my fulterkous as ek hom skoon maak

Kyk ook na jou pH. As jou Alk so hoog is, is daar ook 'n kans dat jou pH uit is - dit kan veroorsaak dat jou koraale vrek.

Jy't ook nog nie gese watter " madness" jy gedoen het nie.

Last edited:
My corels keep on dining after sum madness what am a doing incorete
Hy praat van die "madness"...dit gee ons die idee dat jy iets gedoen het en nou vrek die Corals...:)

Back
Top Bottom