What to do? do I get a new Vehicle

Discussion in 'Sports and Lifestyle' started by lIghty, 18 Mar 2009.

1. lIghty

lIghty

Hi Friends

Got an itch at the moment to replace my current vehicle with a new one.

Currently got a '07 2.7VVT-I Toyota Hilux D/Cab, 70000Km, bought it for +-R220K, and thinking of replacing it with the new spec model. (Climate control, more air bags, cruise control, better suspention - So I've been told by owners of the new spec unit - Any Toyota guys out there to confirm this ?)

I've received a very good price of R255000 for a new one :), considering that a new unit is about +-R276300 list but generally go for +-R273000. The problem is they are having a price increase of about 4-6 % at the end of this month so I have to act quick.

I possibly have private buyer for about +-R180000 for my current one, but it leaves me with only about R15000 deposit:(

Don't want to increase my terms as the bank makes to much money from me already!

What should i do?:whistling:

PS. I do about 4000-5000km per months, so also don't want to land up with a old vehicle with 250000Km on the clock.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2009
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

lIghty - I only heard good things about the new spec Toyota. BUT, I would want to suggest getting the D4D one. They have a "better rating", than the petrol model.
    That's my bit of recommendation.

4. chikaboo

chikaboo

Hi lighty - I helped a friend out at our local toyota dealership for a week ferrying customers in the morning who left their vehicles for services and collecting them in afternoon - very happy customers with the new spec d/cab d4d as jacquesb said and being a diehard isuzu fan - i myself was impressed - very good fuel economy - have you thought of the new d-tec isuzu - when it comes to comfort you cant compare the two - nissan are nice long lasting engines but very hard ride - live up to their name hardbody! although the toyota is the most economical on maintainance! Also long lasting engines but being at the coast dont count on the body outlasting the engines. All the best with the new vehicle with whichever you chose!

5. lIghty

lIghty Thread Starter

thanks guy, would love to get the D4D, but the way it works is I buy hte vehicle and company pays for fuel, so not really worried about economy... yes they have awesome power but cost quiet a bit more.

Chikaboo, could you find out from your friend if he knows anything about the suspention being changed.

Thx

6. chikaboo

chikaboo

Sorry for late reply but will check 2morrow and let you know - no problem!

7. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

I will phone you later, will try go to the R&D department today.

8. DragonReef

DragonReef

As far as I know the suspension was changed for the Foretuner, not to sure about the D/Cab. It is still a supposed to be an LDV afterall.

I like the Hilux.. Clarkson took one to the North Pole and it ran like a dream at -40 :thumbup:

9. Andreas

Andreas

mmmmm really nice van that:pI would like to have one like that when I'm big(Those wheels are insane)

10. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

do you know if this was for the better or not?

got my eye on one at the moment.......really impressed with mr tunze's one

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Mar 2009
  11. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Marco - I LOVE the Fortuners.... have been reading up on them a LONG time. My wife's one uncle owns one.

I believe that the "issue" the people were having, was due to the tyres, and the suspension. Many people upgraded the suspension immediately after taking delivery. Once the suspension has changed - the Fortuner handles MUCH better - according to the reviews I have read.

MY wife's uncle has not upgraded his suspension, neither has he changed the tyres. So - he seems to quite happy with his..... BTW: He has the D4D...

12. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

My advice would be dont get into more dept;)

13. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

hi man...please give schaun a call...tell him Lanzo told you about him and that you are my friend looking to get a new toyota...he is a very good friend of mine and he owns a big toyota dealer...he worked a really good price on a 3l diesel d4d for me

you will get a awsome price believe me;)

Recent Posts