What to collect in Port Edward

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm on holiday in Port Edward - are there any fish/other that i can collect from here and what do i need before collecting?

firstly obtain a permit.collect,snails,zoas,hermits and lotsa cool fish around

Hi - i'm not sure how zoas look like - any picture ref will help.
(sorry I don't want to search net - i'm working on gprs speed - internet extremely slow....)
THanks

408122e8ae95d873b103fc877c1cb232.image.400x400.jpg

very pretty & easy to keep :)

WOW mek!!! didn't know there were such nice zoa's locally, i always got the same green & brown one's... sorry for the mini jack but dude i'd love to buy some of those frags from you one day if you have available...

geez dude if you can organize me some of those zoa's that's not just green or brown i'll love you long time! :lol:

seriously can you get me some of those nice one's? :thumbup:

thanks guys!
How is the best to keep these guys "safe" till i go home...
I'm here for the week - going back on Monday morning, but i don't want to wait till Monday before collecting (i'm afraid that i won't have enough time to get some nice stuff).
Thus i would like to start collecting now, and keep them alive till i get home. Can this be done without any hassles?
thx

if you have an air pump or any thing to move the water around then just keep them in a container with the watermoving. or collect what you like and leave it in a rock pool where it will be safe.

1. Where can i get the permit, and what type of permit do i need ?
2. I've noted that some the zoas are on the rocks - what is the best way to remove it without causing damange - i don't want to damage it, or must i look for smaller pieces of rock with zoas on it?
3. What type of fish can one get out of the tidal pools?

1. Where can i get the permit, and what type of permit do i need ?
2. I've noted that some the zoas are on the rocks - what is the best way to remove it without causing damange - i don't want to damage it, or must i look for smaller pieces of rock with zoas on it?
3. What type of fish can one get out of the tidal pools?
1.any post office.fish and invert permits are what you need.

2.you can actually remove it with your fingers,very easy.otherwise a knife.

3.lots of surgeons,angels,butterflies.just look under the caves and ledges

don't go for that kak damsels they will outgrow your tank and bite the other fish in your tank if they grow up.
happend to me:whistling:

guys - i've searched, but couldn't get anything......
Any place in particular that i can look at?
What about the little nemmies (they look like nemmies) - i've noted that there are red/blue and some other colours as well..Are they worth one's while?

try palm beach at low tide

is it nemmies - or do it only look like nemmies? (the red and blue creatures that looks like nemmies)

dont collect them the useless. look pretty bu8t walk every where and like low light. clowns wont go i them. the almost like an aptasia

Back
Top Bottom