WHAT THE @%*#!!??

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

This thing is freaking me out!! I think its dangerous and I have a sneaky suspision what it might be but I will wait and see what you guys think.

I need 2 ID's please, FWIW, these photos were taken in pitch dark, only with a red light to spot the Alien and then the camera flash, so not the best in focus photos sorry!

First ID, the white spots on the rock, they were not there and seem to become more.

Secondly........well you will see, it was actually hunting! And at its most stretched out was just before it grabbed something and disappeared into the rock, I was so focused on it I did not see what it took and I was not expecting it either, I just thought it was going to show itself completely and then BAM!!

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg

THANKS!

white dots are most likely snail eggs. What snails do you have?

the worm is some type of polychaete worm. Same family than normal bristle worms. There are many different worms in this class.

I would get rid of that worm. Pics arent very clear, but its head looks very similar to a eunice worm and they will cause headaches as the grow.

Either eats your corals or small tank inhabitants.

Archies I had the same feeling. The color threw me though but I am almost sure I can see those telltale tentacles the Eunice worm has. Can I spear it with a sosatie stok? I would rather try to get it out alive but I don't think it will be at all possible.

Hi Viper.

Thanks for the link it is very informative! I can however not see anything resembling what I have!?

I will continue my quest to take a better photograph. It stays in one spot and only extends from there and retracts when light is shone on it. It does not move around and I can always find it at the same hole?

Eunice worms will move around won't they?

Hi Red Pepper.

I dont see the crab there was one crab that I know of that was caught and sumped. Still in the sump Are you sure you see a crab?

a few centimeters to the left looks like a crab, maybe its just algae or discoloration on the rock. Not sure how to show it on your picture. Just past the crevice in line with the worms head disappearing into the rock.
07-jpg.33645

Okay I see what you mean. I don't think it's a crab but I will double check that. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom