What The Sump To Do???

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by brentv, 10 Feb 2012.

1. brentv

brentv

Hey Guys,
    Wanted to Start this Thread on what I should actually put in my new Sump I'm gonna design and build for a mainly Hard Coral tank with fishies too!
    DT will be 900L x 900W x 700H

Space wise I am starting with a glass box 700 L x 600W x 500H (Water Level around 400 High )

Now I have always been a fan of the more Biological way of filtering with a DSB and Chaeto ball and using Bacteria additives!

Mechanical wise my current tank (2700L x 600W x 600H) I have been using a big skimmer a Calcium Reactor and just recently purchased a fluidising reactor which is used for Phos and Carbon. and I'm also running ammonia stones too

I have seen a lot of you guys are using the Zeolite and other additive route instead of a DSB

What I want to do is utilise my space in my new sump, keeping in mind it will be pretty stocked with hard corals mainly!
    I also use NSW I collect for my water changes!

What recomendations in terms of filteration should I go?
    I have a pretty good idea but would like to get some imput, this will help my sump design and build!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

4. brentv

brentv Thread Starter

Thanks Belinda, will check that one out;)

Recent Posts