What pumps and why

Reaction score
hey guys,
i need to upgrade internal flow. Those resung wavers need to go pond side.

Could you give me your impressions on the makes available in SA and why you think they are good.

most seem to say that seio are good pumps, relativley affordable and do a job.

Tunze are very good quality but expensive.

and what sort of pumps should i me looking at for a 1.8 reef with some sps, but mainly lps?

i want to have a look at IMACSA and have a idea of what to look for before laying out money on things that are not suited.....rather like those resungs i have:)

2 x SEIO M1100's and 2 x SEIO M1500's.

Not sure if anybody is importing them yet but the Hydor Koralia's look nice and also Vortech (bit ekshpenshive).

5 seio's for the price of one tunze....

If you going to be using a controller then fork out the extra and get the Tunze's, but if you are just going to put the pumps in the tank and leave them to do their thing then the SEIO's are perfect.

perfect:) questions answered. Thanks viper

i'll have a look around carefully but will be harder for salesmen to bullsh1t me now:)

Contact LikesFish he has some Tunze pumps at really good prices...BUT keep your eyes away from the 6201 because it's mine...

Personally i would go for Seio and they also have a controller out that handles 2 pumps at once.

and then there is that nasty little thread on here about sps adicts and you (they) all say tunze all the way for quality of flow??????

getting newbies confused here!;)

Personally i would go for Seio and they also have a controller out that handles 2 pumps at once.

Alan I made the mistake of buying one of their controllers, completely over priced for what you get. I would rather run it on a Boyu timer.

alfie so would u go 4 seios and 2 boyu controllers?

are they compatabile?

The Boyu is actually a timer that switches between 2 pumps for alternate flow. I believe the seio's not to good at the on/off thing. I ran my Seio 2600's of it and did not have a problem.

I run 4 x Seio M1100 on AM wave controller and although there is a propeller noise when changing modes I haven't had a unit break or fail yet.

hey guys,
... before laying out money on things that are not suited.....rather like those resungs i have:)

What's wrong with your Resun wavers? I got one, and it seems to be doing a fine job. R549 for a (nominally) 15 000 litre per hour pump + controller! Sheesh! I see nothing wrong with that at all :thumbup:

quintton, lets just say that I am not so impressed with the people who sold them too me, more than the pumps themselves.

they will look great blowing bath water over vallesneria in my koi pond:) just great:)

Back
Top Bottom