What polyps are these ??

Reaction score
EditNewFrags037.jpg

Judging from the base I would say they are White star polyps.
This is what my green stars look like. Just for a comparison.
Dunno.jpg

Yup Psycho, I thought they might be. They grow very fast as do all Star polyps IMO, but they dont sting everything like my GSP.

Smithers, Star Polyps are a fast growing encrusting coral and when GSP's come up against other corals they try to grow over them. GSP's have a sting and will kill off acro polyps before they grow over the skeleton.

I got the same stuff - got it from afsal, I put it in the back corner and it has started to creep along the back wall, also got 2 rocks from mango and they have both started to grow along the bottom (tank is BB) - is thei a wise idea?

yep they are extremely fast growing!! can be like nuisance algae if you dont keep it under controll, i think they the fastest growing star polops

Yup Psycho, I thought they might be. They grow very fast as do all Star polyps IMO, but they dont sting everything like my GSP.

They have grown arround one of my shrooms and the shroom is still happy, I stuck a piece between a rock and the base and it started growing on my base, I think it wil look nice if it covers the base

It is called Briareum, which is the same name for those green star polyps.
Had a colony of the green star polyps which were groing very well, until I introduced the "white" type close by.

The white type overgrew and smothered the GSP in no time. Keep these away from any stony corals, as they grow superfast, and stoney corals such as sps is defenseless against them!

these babies grow like wildfire..... i actually tried to find something to eat mine.......

Not even I can kill these things. :lol: I have found they like to grow towards the light and have very little growth downwards. I have mine growing on my back and side glass. With a little on the rocks. Will be getting rid of the rocks though when I upgrade my tank. They do pack quite a sting.

Hi Guys/Gals,

This is an old thread, but I need to know if there is a way to get rid of these star polyps from rock. Do they have any enemies? Do I have to get rid of the rocks that have them on?

Thanks
Gerrit

Back
Top Bottom