What nennie?

Reaction score
Hey guys, with the new tank i was thinkin of getting a nennie for it(when its ready obviously) as the lighting will be well sufficient for it(3X250W MHs) and with the larger(much) size of the tank i am rethinking what i want to get. I was originally on the BTA route, in terms of ease of keeping, but now i'm rethinking this and want to try a more colourful more open nennie. I currently have a Maroon clownfish in the old tank but i might not pass him over so i can get a different clown for the nennie. So my question is what nennie do you think i should get and why, what clown would it go with, and what is the difficulty of keeping that specific nennie?

Stay with BTA. Get a rose coloured BTA with some Black percs. wicked combo.

bta really are fantastic, as for colour/ openess they really are quite cool:) but then i dont have experience with other nennies.

warrs advice on combo is great, but there are so many combo's you can get. but agreed the RBT and black percs are a killer combo:)

cool, exactly like that? as in exactly exactly? i dont want it to actually have the bulbs on it. i dont like the bulbs, want the wavy part, it would only be a couple of months down the road though, got to wait for the tank to be ready first:) shot though warren, got any pics you could show me? Maybe PM me a price so i can have an idea for the future?

RBTA's by petshop go for R1200 last time i checked.
Insane amount of cash for one IMO and personally i dont think they are worth it..
i think the green ones are also just as pretty (kept one for a friend for some time)
and i really like the magnifica annenomes. they say they are hard to keep, but i'm finding mine to be easier than the BTA i was looking after.
plus, they have long tenticles, so they look awesome in a surging current!

RBTA's by petshop go for R1200 last time i checked.
Insane amount of cash for one IMO and personally i dont think they are worth it..
i think the green ones are also just as pretty (kept one for a friend for some time)
and i really like the magnifica annenomes. they say they are hard to keep, but i'm finding mine to be easier than the BTA i was looking after.
plus, they have long tenticles, so they look awesome in a surging current!
that price is a bit fearsome, i really love the colour of the RBTA in the thread, its absolutely gorgeous. I was thinking of going magnifica but these colours have captured me, so i'd still like to with it if its wavy, not a fan of the bulbs though, just waiting on moolis

that price is a bit fearsome, i really love the colour of the RBTA in the thread, its absolutely gorgeous. I was thinking of going magnifica but these colours have captured me, so i'd still like to with it if its wavy, not a fan of the bulbs though, just waiting on moolis
so you want a bubble tip nennie without bulbs???? hows that going to work?:p

I have a Retteri and a Green BTA. Both are doing fine. IF i was you i would chance a Retteri, they are hard to care for though BUT well worth it. Mine is over a 30cm big and inhabited my clarkiis ;)

Since im @ work I cant post you a pic of my exact one. BUT he basically looks the same as this, enjoy;

ritteri_anemone.jpg

Heres another pic of one swolen up;

p-81273-anemone.jpg

And heres some good reading info aswell Ritteri Anemone

Just remember they are very hard to care for, it took mine a 2-3 weeks to adjust (Imagine a 30cm Anenome moving about in a reef 1.2m tank), now he stays put ;)

Just remember they are very hard to care for, it took mine a 2-3 weeks to adjust (Imagine a 30cm Anenome moving about in a reef 1.2m tank), now he stays put ;)
will be carefull of course, read up quite a bit on care, and got some good tricks and tips in mind:) but lightin isnt an issue, it would be water parameters and flow:)

The guides say they like Medium-High flow. Mine didnt like it and move to a Low flowing area. So it just goes to show each are unique.

Back
Top Bottom