What made you join a reefkeeping forum?

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Zookeeper, 27 Feb 2008.

1. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I often wonder why people joined up in the first place.I allways surfed the net but at first I had little interest in joinning a local forum.Some people may know I started out on sark.Glad to say I feel I have found a home here on MASA.The question is what made you sign up in the first place.Have you guys found what you were looking for?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Warr7207

Warr7207

Got interested in Marines by seeing tanks all over the show. Soon as I investigated at an LFS, I knew I had to find out more as the LFS gave me a very vague price and setup idea.

Soon as I came across MASA, I found all the info I needed was here and off I went.

What has kept me in a forum is further knowledge of marines but most important, the great friendship and atmosphere that MASA has created.

4. Galibore

Galibore Retired Moderator

I joined my first marine forum because I couldn't find adequate lighting for a nano. When I asked on guppiesforyuppies, someone there referred me.

5. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Well said:thumbup: it is the need for more info, and hopefully finding likeminded fools that has kept me on the forums:p

I was told about a UK forum by the lfs that sold me my first tank, so blame him:whistling:

6. shan

shan

i am an academic by trade and as such did my research before i started. while researching, i found forumns and joined as i had many questions i could not answer.

i then began to enjoy reading what other people had to say, looking at their tanks and learning from the many different questions members posed and i did not even think about - as such, i stayed and am enjoying it

Recent Posts