What kinda cycle

Reaction score
what kinda lighting cycle would one stick to on a unit wit 2x 150w mh's 2x 54w T5's in a tank with predominantly softies/leathers....maybe a stick or 3
also for a 1800mm tank with 450 height... wanting to keep the above....whats a better option only t'5s like maybe 4 or 5 54w's or the 2Xmh's and @xt5's??

Reaction score
hmm......ok....but whats better in the long run...the mh route with t5's or the only t5 route...:biggrin:

Mekaeel

Reaction score
hmm......ok....but whats better in the long run...the mh route with t5's or the only t5 route...:biggrin:
To be honest with you,i cant answer that question.
My tank is currently running on 2*250W MH's and 4*39W T5's.
I sometimes feel i will get better colouration out of T5's.

Reaction score
or maybe the mh's for this depth...thing is i dont like the look of mh's...but its the requirement im more worried abt right now..

Reaction score
ok sorry height is actually 600....what would i need now would you say?
Dorry Pets - Real Inc 8 x 39W Light Fixture
would something like this work for me...this unit should be 4ft right? my tan dimesnions are 1800x600x600
Looks great. Personally love the T5 OPTION but the globes need replacing every 6 months, and are hellish expensive.

or maybe the mh's for this depth...thing is i dont like the look of mh's...but its the requirement im more worried abt right now..
Sounds to me as tho you have decided already:) I like the energy that Halides provide, not to mention the glitter lines. The new bluer spectrum halides are also really cool. Just to make you reconsider.:)