what is this??

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am fairly new to the marine hobby. I would like to know the goodies in the front. What are they - mushrooms polyps zoa's?? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
jacques has that spot on, great corral and almost bullet proof, i'ma real fan of them. if you feed small frozen foods like mysis you'll see them catch and close over them which is fun:)

Reaction score
jacques has that spot on, great corral and almost bullet proof, i'ma real fan of them. if you feed small frozen foods like mysis you'll see them catch and close over them which is fun:)
Where do you get Mysis Crispin?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Is that the correct spelling Sunburst?

Brent - any of our sponsors (well, I am quite sure) should and most likely will sell frozen mysis/mysid.
Just ask them for it.

Many other LFS's also sell frozen mysis/mysid shrimp as well..... It's a RETO product....

Reaction score

Is that the correct spelling Sunburst?

Brent - any of our sponsors (well, I am quite sure) should and most likely will sell frozen mysis/mysid.
Just ask them for it.

Many other LFS's also sell frozen mysis/mysid shrimp as well..... It's a RETO product....
Thanks jacques. Will phone you in the week.

Reaction score
As a novelty feed.:whistling: But as a rule of thumb, light (as a food source) is all that is required. Remember they are toxic. Paly toxin i believe can be a pain.:)

Reaction score
In what way are they toxic?
Well, palytoxin just happens to be one of the most lethal toxin known to man...

But I believe that this particular species is not SO lethal - still not a good idea to take any chances, though - just a residue of slime on your hands will be enough to make you quite ill if you happen to get some onto food or drink or whatever you put into your mouth... so make sure that you ALWAY wash your hands with soap and hot water after you've worked on your tank.

Here's an interesting link: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/june2002/short.htm

Hennie

Reaction score
thank you very much - went and bough a whole box of surgical gloves and keeping it next to the tank.

Not taking any chances - but not getting rid of it - i think it is gorgeous. Would like to get more colours though. Any suggestions??