What is this?

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
DSC01636.jpg
(between the paly's, you can see some colours reflecting off of some of the see through "tentacle things" :whistling:

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
looks to me like it could be a fan worm, or aptasia?

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Not a fan worm or aiptasia. very strange thing

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Matt - sorry man - BUT I am quite sure it is SOME TYPE of fan worm.... Perhaps now the one's that you know - but some other type definitely... Not Aptaisia - that much I agree with you.

Does it come out and go back in when frightened? Perhaps when a fish swims past it? Or if you would mess around close to it with something like a long handle or something?

highfive

Hermit Crab
Reaction score
looks like a filter feeder off the live rock... nothing to worry about in my opinion...

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I will see if i can find the name, but it is a filter feeding worm, the crystal like hairs are solid, a rather beautiful little hitchiker

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I will see if i can find the name, but it is a filter feeding worm, the crystal like hairs are solid, a rather beautiful little hitchiker
13 hours later and you're still looking for the name? :whistling:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I think the ID was a Flabelligerid type worm, also called Bristle cage worm but to be honest i can't remember, it was ages ago, i just had a google but can't see any decent specimens