What is this and how do u kill it

Reaction score
Hey guys
was wondering if anybody knows what this is( tenticle stuff on the right) , i remember somebody saying its a parasite and need to know how to kill them
89048b7bc6b3e271.jpg

aptasia, or glass anenome....but i havent bothered to kill mine,i was hoping my copper band would do that, but no luck there! :(

there are a number of methods, most involve a lethal injection of something, either warm lemon juice, super concerntrated kalkwasser, or you can get a commercially available product like Joes juice which apparently works well.

i'll tag along from here and see what other people have used as i def need to clear my tank before i get any more.

Dreaded Aiptasia - Glass anenome.

Number of ways of erradicating.

Best product I have found is Joe's Juice.

Another way is an injection with a super concentrated solution of Kalkwasser, right in the middle of the creature and goodnight and goodbye ;)

kewl kalk i can do ....and have a syringe on hand ...will try out thanks warr

gueys what make it a parrasite, what harm does it cause?

It grows aggressively and stings corals. If you try manually move it, it will multiple insanely. It can also handle almost any water parameters, very strong creatures, also not the prettiest :whistling:

nd often does spread very fast, is difficult to controll and will sting other corrals it can get into contact with. You simply do NOT want it in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom