The Wavepuck propeller pump from RLSS is developing along pretty quickly, and we’ve already gotten another look at its interesting form factor. We first spotted the hockey puck sized Wavepuck at MACNA courtesy of RLSS, but our newest encounter came from an unlikely source, CoralVue.
CoralVue is becoming a powerhouse of distribution for many international marine aquarium brands but as far as we know it has no current agreement with Reef Life Support Systems, makers of the Waveline pumps, RLSS skimmers & sumps, and the forthcoming Wavepuck. Our questions about the presence of the Wavepuck in the CoralVue booth was answered with a smile and a wink so perhaps we can expect to see some cross-pollination between RLSS and CoralVue in the future.
More importantly, seeing the Wavepuck in a much more developed state made us excited to see this pump in the near future, and not a perpetually pushed back release date. RLSS is forging ahead quite rapidly with the Wavepuck and at this rate we expect to see this exciting new pump design available to reefers sooner rather than later.
Readers also viewed:
- A fresh look at the RLSS Wavepuck in pre-production
- Waveline WavePuck is a dramatically different kind of water mover
- Diablo 5500s DC pump ready to take over controllable needle wheel duties
- First look at the new Fishbit Controller & Monitor
- Abyss, Atoll and Peninsula concept aquariums debuted by Innovative Marine
- Neptune WAV pump review: a shakeup of the way things have been
- Sneak peek of some of the hot livestock coming to ReefStock 2016
- ReefStock 2016 is NEXT weekend in Denver