what is the smallest nennie?

RiaanP

Reaction score
And before any smart @ss answer a baby or juvenile.
Im looking for one for my nano tank. I got 2 skunk clowns and yes they do not need the nennie. But I would like to have one. But I do not want a 30cm diameter colosol.
Something that stays small, is OK for skunk clown and will fit in a nano tank.
1094496509534e6e5.jpg

Hmmmm, I'll take a guess here and say perhaps a sand anemone, I THINK they are relatively slow growers and do not get as big as the other anemones, double check on that though, but you'll have to upgrade your lighting to at least a few T5's first.

You would also need to cover the powerhead to stop the nem getting shredded, they will move and many die in unguarded powerheads.

I got covers for the powerhead. 25mm conduit pipe full of holes. Bigger nemies wil have a problem with shredding. Pipes are 250mm long. Will this be OK?
Yip, T5 39w tubes * 6 (2 actinic) is my next DIY on the PlayStation

I got covers for the powerhead. 25mm conduit pipe full of holes. Bigger nemies wil have a problem with shredding. Pipes are 250mm long. Will this be OK?
Yip, T5 39w tubes * 6 (2 actinic) is my next DIY on the PlayStation

IMO, that is not enough light unless you have a depth of 400mm or shallower.

Another problem you are going have is those clowns only host with the bigger type anemones.

Clownfish Anemone Compatibility Chart

Ummm, a Nanonemene :whistling:
brilliant
IMO, that is not enough light unless you have a depth of 400mm or shallower
agree here, not sure about sand anemones, not disreputing what dean said at all, just stating i know nothing of them, not one of the nennies i researched on. But i have seen a lot of pics with huge sand-nennies, maybe ask someone who has one currently like sean?

brilliant

agree here, not sure about sand anemones, not disreputing what dean said at all, just stating i know nothing of them, not one of the nennies i researched on. But i have seen a lot of pics with huge sand-nennies, maybe ask someone who has one currently like sean?

Nope, that is a Carpet species, vicious fish eater

Your best bet is Heteractis crispa - purple tip.

Try not get a bleached unit. It does look prettier, but is not healthy. When healthy looks like this:

p-81481-anemone.jpg

I have one of this units, and it requires strong lights and loads of space, he gets BIG

Thank you Warr.
I did some google last night on sand anemones and compatibilties with skunk clowns. I did run across the same picture you posted. All the anemones that can host skunk clowns are BIG. So for now, it is something I can not keep. Even in my future 800mm cube an anemone will have quarted of the tank for himself.

Do you say that 6 t5 39w globes will not work? That is if I keep this small PlayStation tank up in future only for an anemone and a pair of clowns. It is a normal 90cm tank.

Do you say that 6 t5 39w globes will not work? That is if I keep this small PlayStation tank up in future only for an anemone and a pair of clowns. It is a normal 90cm tank.

It probably WILL work, if you get a "rock-living" anemone, and you build a decent rock "pedestal" for it to live on - it will then be close to the water surface - and if you feed it regularly (as you should with any anemone...) and only keep it with a few clowns, AND keep the water very clear by using a lot of carbon and/or ozone to allow maximum light penetration... :thumbup:

It is ALWAYS better to keep an anemone in a "special" species tank, and NOT in a mixed reef setup.

Hennie

This tank is only 30cm deep. So with a rock pile the anemone might stick out of the water;)
Planning on 1 pair of clowns and Anemone, That is it.
Maybe a Goby to help clean the bottom, as normal cleanup crew might end up as dinner.

RiaanP

Don't buy a coral beauty it eats Nenies ate my carpet but i removed it luckly

RiaanP

Don't buy a coral beauty it eats Nenies ate my carpet but i removed it luckly
Firstly, that statement is nonsense and secondly, where in this thread did Riaan say he was buying a Coral Beauty?

Back
Top Bottom