What inverts?

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by scubaninja, 26 Nov 2008.

1. scubaninja

scubaninja

Hey guys, searching some more inverts for the 2m. In terms of inverts i have a black tipped red fromia starfish, a couple of hermits and a little hitch-hiker purple long spined sea urchin. I think urchins are pretty but not keen on gettin whacked by it when it grows up and them knocking rocks over when bigger doesnt sound very appealing so i think i will be passing him on soon. What i want to know is what inverts do you think will go nicely in my reef tank that will now chow corals/fish/or each other? I'm planning on having a ritteri anemone down the line, and was thinking of the fire shrimp etc stealing food from it? whats up with that? anyway, open to suggestions. what do you think would be nice and why? and does it require any special feeding?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. crispin

crispin

dont pass the long spine on, especially in a 2m, lots of space for him and you can keep your hands out the water! they do a great job and really add fun to viewing.

have you settled on your fish list yet? because that will lead you in what direction of iverts you have. For example a small herd of sexy shrimp would look brilliant (in the eyes of a long nosed hawk! for example)

but personally i would go two urchin (rock better than long spine)
    Cleaner shrimp
    Boxing shrimp
    Dwarf Hermits
    A whole stack of fan or tube worms (if fish safe...ie no CBB)

4. scubaninja

scubaninja Thread Starter

yeah, gonna have the long nosed hawk, will he go after boxing shrimp? and i like my hands in the water:whistling:

Recent Posts