What hosts your clown?

moz

Reaction score
Ok people, what do your clowns host in, other than nennies? Please give type of clown, what it hosts in and is the host happy. Maybe we can start a list of what type of clowns, prefer what alternatives to nennies. This info will come in handy for people like my self who don't want to risk killing a nennie until I'm "old" and "wise" like the MASA staff.:wave2:

ok my Clarki clown took a liking to one of my frogspawn.but occasionally messes it up and then i see a tentacle of the frogspawn floating around the tank and stinging my SPS

My percs dont leave my torch coral alone for a second. So far it seems ok

My ocellaris clowns stick by my branching frogspawn all day. Cause it to close up at night as they try sleep there. Hopefully it doesn't mind them too much

Anymore? From what little I've seen from this forum and other sites, clowns tend to host in what is physically the most like a nennie at the time of the clowns introduction. These would most likely be LPS's specifically Euphyllia's and Heliofungia. Although I think we still need to gather more data.

At the moment my pincusion but before it was my Brain Coral
P1020551.jpg
h

I have a perc and maroon, both hosting in a Heliofungia
Hi Warr -

This is really an interesting combination - a maroon clown, AS WELL AS a percula clown TOGETHER in the HelioFungia? WOW! That's actually amazing.

Just goes to show how wonderful nature is, hey!
:thumbup:

My 2 common clowns are hosting a mushroom. It started looking a little bad about a month ago. Then I realised it was actually splitting. Now there are 3 :)

I guess the clowns are not disturbing it too much...

Hi Warr -

This is really an interesting combination - a maroon clown, AS WELL AS a percula clown TOGETHER in the HelioFungia? WOW! That's actually amazing.

Just goes to show how wonderful nature is, hey!
:thumbup:

It is weird and the perc thinks the maroon is his lady. Little does he know how much bigger the maroon is going to get.

I've got a question. My 2 clowns host my frogspawn coral. Now the male basically NEVER leaves the frogspawn (unless its feeding time), occasionally the female will venture out and look around but generally they both just host the frogspawn.

Is this what you all find? Is it natural to just chill in one place most of the time?

I've got a question. My 2 clowns host my frogspawn coral. Now the male basically NEVER leaves the frogspawn (unless its feeding time), occasionally the female will venture out and look around but generally they both just host the frogspawn.

Is this what you all find? Is it natural to just chill in one place most of the time?

Yip that sounds like a clownfish.

Wait till they lay eggs, then you will see how mental they really are :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehe. I thought "this is so unnatural, i've created this beautiful tank with nice rockword to swim around and through and under and you guys just stay in one position!" :lol: I suppose i'll have to get something else that'll swim around more. Maybe a sixline ;)

Hehe. I thought "this is so unnatural, i've created this beautiful tank with nice rockword to swim around and through and under and you guys just stay in one position!" :lol: I suppose i'll have to get something else that'll swim around more. Maybe a sixline ;)

Or a Coral Beauty, what a lovely reef fish, in out of the caves all day.

There's a beautiful flame angel just in at Jungle Pet Zone in broadacres, I was tempted to get it today but thought that i'd get a bite more experience first! ;)

Back
Top Bottom