What fish are being caught this season

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
I went to a local beach last weekend and found fish in the rock pools for the first time since the tidal waves earlier this year. Things are not back to the original state, but I find it extremely encouraging that the recovery started so soon.
I think we will still do good catches this season. I caught a small 4 cm beautifully coloured eel and a 2 cm Spotfin Lionfish.
I hope to start a fish catch thread for KZN this way and know the thread heading is no good, but I'm not worried because one of the mods will probably come to the rescue.
Wishing you all a extremely good reefkeeping season.

Reaction score
any day, what ever you dont want to keep i will gladly take of your hands. my half a coke bottle doesnt work to well any more:lol:

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
Mekaeel, I wonder if we can make an arrangement to meet one weekend where you normally collect and then the same at my area.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys - this MIGHT be off-topic: BUT, seeing that I am going to KZN this coming weekend, I am also planning to catch so nice fishies (got my 2nd tank setup for all the nice fish I am going to bring back ;-)

BUT million dollar question - how exactly do you guys catch these fish - especially when snorkeling?

Many thanks.
Jacques

Reaction score
ok the bottle is ment to be half a 2l coke bottle
the ball is the fish:lol:
and the funny looking thing on the right is a tv arial taped up with old fish lure on the end. i use this to get the fish outa tight spots.
P1040812.jpg