What Cape waters has to offer!

Reaction score
Well I thought I should just show some critters that we find here in our Cape Waters..Who says there is no colour in cold water!!!

IMG_0724.jpg

Jason - who took the pics? You? What camera, housing and settings was used?

ScubaNinja - WHAT GREAT WHITES? I have done more than 40 dives in the CAPE - saw NO GREAT WHITES (except for pictures of Eugene Terreblanche ;-)) in the waters EVER!

I had to PAY DEARLY to go to Gansbaai and see Great whites - during a cage dive....

ScubaNinja - WHAT GREAT WHITES? I have done more than 40 dives in the CAPE - saw NO GREAT WHITES (except for pictures of Eugene Terreblanche ;-)) in the waters EVER

but am i correct that all the people who want to do research on the great whites go to cape town? I know that we may not see them often, but that doesnt mean they dont see us.....:thumbup:

Hi guys...Ya I took the pics...I have a canon G7 with a housing...all these pics were taken near simons town...and Q i dont hav a cold water tank but i had one a long time ago...I would love to start one again..

yeah thats the stuff that scares me most about great whites, that breaching. I'm ok around most of the other sharks, but there are the guys you need to watch out for, the obvious guys:) but that breaching is fierce hey, if i were to be taken by a shark i would prefer it to be at the sea floor where i die instantly, but if i were on the surface and that breaching got me, it would suck big time. would rather go by old age;)

as beautiful as they are great whites are better seen through the tv, not in real life with half your body in its jaws. eish. just eish

ha ha ha...I gotta agree with jacquesb: I have done plenty of dives, even retrieved VR2 receivers (Shark Tagg Receivers) and I still haven’t seen one of these guys, while I was in the water.. not that i want to see them too close but it doesn’t happen too often...I just got home now from a dive (Made a section of a music video but the viz was really bad so ya they probably see (or sense) us way more than we get to see them...

The part I don't understand about Great Whites and their conservation is that there are sign boards all over KZN and up Chapman's Peak begging us not to feed the monkeys and baboons but hey we can throw chunks of dead fish and meat at a 3 ton Great white and not worry 'cause hey,they're too dumb to associate feeding with humans!!!!!!!!!!?
00020073.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom