What can i get?

Papitto

PatrickF
Reaction score
Hi MASA,
Possibly dumb question Friday for me... but I have 5k and want to improve my lighting if possible.
Been using odyssea 2x54w with ATI bulbs 20cm above water line & I took a Beamswork 4500 72w(1w diodes) and changed most of the cool whites, to blue(450nm) and 4 green(510m I think), 2 red (600nm range).
Tank is 1500x500x500. Mixed reef, 8 sps, 12 lps and 7 softies.
What do u think I can get for 5k now? Maybe can sell my existing lights to add on?

I would first look at the For sale section and see if there is any good lights available. It all depends on what root you want to go, T5's, LED's or even a combo of both.

If you can get about 10K there is a vertex SR260 light for sale by one of the reefers on MASA also the Zetlights are also good lights for value. It will cover your 1.5m tank no problem. Like with anything in this hobby don't do impulse buying. Research and if you find something that suits you and costs a bit more then wait that extra month or two.

If you can get about 10K there is a vertex SR260 light for sale by one of the reefers on MASA also the Zetlights are also good lights for value. It will cover your 1.5m tank no problem. Like with anything in this hobby don't do impulse buying. Research and if you find something that suits you and costs a bit more then wait that extra month or two.
Thanks EFJ, makes sense. Will check out the sales forum.

The Ati Powermodule 8 x 54 in the for sale forum would be the best purchase you would ever make. You could run just 4 or 6 tubes if you want. This unit the best in lighting you could buy, grab it.

Good choice, these are awesome lights, corals love them. I know that most guys use a L shape bracket bolted into the wall to hang their units (@butcherman comes to mind). Hanging from ceilings can be risky if not done rite.

Good choice, these are awesome lights, corals love them. I know that most guys use a L shape bracket bolted into the wall to hang their units (@butcherman comes to mind). Hanging from ceilings can be risky if not done rite.
Where can I find such bracket?

I decided not to be lazy and just build I myself. Used an old Daro stand I had laying in my garage.

Just need to source some rails.

IMG_20160407_164522.jpg

IMG_20160407_164522.jpg

Back
Top Bottom