what blue bulbs?

Reaction score
Hi guys i need 2 blue 39w T5 bulbs?

The other bulbs in the setup are 4 x dazs 13k white bulbs. Tank dimensions are 1mx0.5mx0.5m

What are the different kind of bulbs i.e. coral blue, actinic, geisman, ati etc? I have no clue about these things? Any explanation of the blue bulbs and reccomendations on what i should get will be appreciated.

Thanks

You do not "NEED" blue / actinic globes Dogstar - BUT, the blue globes DO bring the colors of fish out better/more....

Also - it also improves the coloration of corals....

You can investigate buying Sylvania globes. They are better quality and also lasts longer, than Dazs......

Have a look at either the suppliers for supplies, or try "The Lamphouse"....

The lamps to look for are marked "pure blue actinic" as Jacques said they are not necessary, but they do make the tank look good.

i am looking for blue because with the just the 6 white bulbs the tank has a very yellowish colour. Previously i had 3 t8's and one was blue and the tank looked a lot better.

If you use tubes like the ATI 14k the tank looks fine without blue.

Cool, will get ATI 14k's the next time around. For now, i got the unit with the 13k dazs bulbs so might as well use them.

Is Dazs the make, they should not be yellow for 13k.

Unfortunatley the Dazs 13K doesnt have that blueish tint to it. Also had the same experience. It burns like in between 6500K- 10000K although it is marked 13K.

I like the Sylvania blue tubes, they are cheap and work well. Two blue tubes will be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom