plan
and
plan some more
Dont rush to get it done.
oh and QT all livestock for min 4 weeks regardless of where they come from

Dorry Pets
Idol Marine
Pet Stop

in no particular order (well alphabetical :))

All 3 are sponsors on MASA
Then I view fish at Animal Kingdom. Only buy crickets there. Now that Dorry and Idol got better quality frozen food, I get it there. Not sure what frozen food Pet Stop got. I work in Sandton mostly, so to get to Pet Stop is a big out of my way. But I do go there, nowadays mostly on a weekend.
Salt from Idol Marine, that blue square box.

There is a shop out in Pretoria East (Simon Vermooten area), but I do not buy there. And the other place in Centurion I give a big miss.

Hope I'm allowed to say what I said... You asked, I gave my opinion.

No, I’m glad you said that, cause I only use to buy from the on in Centurion Close to the MacDonald’s by the Lake, and to be honest, every time I buy there the fish are sick or the price is 10X more the other place! I also work in Sandton so going to pet shops are left for Weekends!

Anyway thank you for the advice!
Cheers
:thumbup:

with Allandale offramp almost complete it is extremely fast and easy to get to Idol Marine in the afternoon.

Same for Dorry Pets, just get off at Old Joburg at The Munt.

I know which one you are talking about. Not for me.

Where in Centurion do you stay?

one of the best things i did when i started up was bug other people so that i could see their systems in person (i still do this alot) and chat to them about why THEY think (not what i think) makes it work so well. learning about a tank (its filtration in particular) from the person that knows the tank the best is invalluable to gaining knowledge in this hobby

Hi, they got it all wrong!!!!

First thing to buy is about 10 extra extra large towels :lol: your hands will never be out of a marine tank:tt2:

Hi, they got it all wrong!!!!

First thing to buy is about 10 extra extra large towels :lol: your hands will never be out of a marine tank:tt2:
i beg to differ i hardly put my hands in the tank

hahaha @ziyaadb ,why would you, your tank is awesome, if I can just get it the way I want it then my hands will also be out of the tank I hope:p

Last edited by a moderator:
@xtreme u need to decide what you want out of your tank and take it from there. have an idea and stick with it. i believe that the less u put your hands in the tank and move things around the better your tank becomes

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not rush into any buying... Al;ways remember that the hardware and livestock will always be there, there will always be stock coming in or another supplier. Don't rush into anything. Only buy if you're 1000% sure. Further, don't buy cheap quality equipment. It will end up costing much more in the future. By the same token, don't go overboard with the spending. Buy as you have money, shop around and if something which is good quality is priced reasonably, then buy it. Good quality and good price...

Hope this helps...

EB :)

1. When doing a water change don't dump all the old water, like me I get the amount out different to the amount in and have to make a extra trip to the beach to collect more NSW.

2. Don't sell all your LPS and softies to make place for new SPS purchased, SPS have a tendency to die rather fast.

These are things that I suggest you don't do.

Back
Top Bottom