What a Pity

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by RiaanP, 3 Jan 2009.

1. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Pity that in South Africa we do not have basements. And we are forced to have the sump and all the equipment under the tank.

Checking some overseas tank layouts, especially the States, I am just jealous. We could have everything spaciously sorted. Be able to reach every component. Now we are forced to work in the small space below our display tank. All equipment, sump, reactors, skimmer and electrical squashed in there.

Or build a fish room, that is the only alternative we have.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. amalick

amalick

Think it through

It is a pity, but if you think it through, a walk in fish room built with dry wall is basically just a big cabinet. We so often use cabinets as the only alternative when dry wall is soooo much cheaper than wood. I'm not trying to show off but when I thought about my system that exactly what I considered.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Not really. If the Yanks can pipe water 6+ meters vertically (high), there's nothing stopping us from piping the water that distance horizontally - in other words, make your "basement" in the room next door, or in the garage, for that matter...

... and, of course, an advantage we have over them is that we can put Rawlbolts into our walls and/or floors anywhere we like (except obviously into the electrical conduits...).

Hennie

Recent Posts