What a day!!

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks' started by Jaak, 5 Oct 2009.

1. Jaak

Jaak

What a friggin day! Survived my first day of my new job and driving home all peacefully. My phone starts ringing, it's the wife, I answer casually to hear all hell breaking loose in the background and it sounds like the wife is in a waterfall!!?? She did not need to say a single thing, I knew my tank had just burst!!!! I was 15 minutes away, stuck in traffic. THE LONGEST 15 MINUTES OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(
    Yes, I also had a 1,2 Aqua H2O. It even had 12mm think bracing all the way around. It did not crack on the corner, it did not crack down the front initially, it friggin popped a massive hole out the right hand pane!!?? From what my wife explained, she was walking past the tank and saw in the corner of her eye the side pane popping and then the cracks ran down the corner and across the front with 400L of water gushing down the passage, etc...
    All livestock was saved. All my fish corals and livestock is now in their temporary home at gawiedj's place! THANKS GAWIE, you're a lifesaver mate!!

So, i'm not throwing the towel in just yet. My sump is running on it's own with some frags in it, etc. I will dismantle this tank and have a new one made up that I will build in December and start cycling in January, i'm just too busy with the new job and December holidays coming up to worry about a tank cycling. I'm already missing my tank, maybe i won't last till january... For the new tank i'm thinking 1500x800x700 in black silicone with full euro bracing etc...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. brandonb

brandonb

Sorry about the loss:(
    ...luckily all your livestock + corals survived ;)

4. Jaak

Jaak Thread Starter

The worst of it all I was reading some info on the Marine tank insurance today thinking when I get home I must really have a look at it for in case something happens and WHAM!!

5. shrimp

shrimp

so sorry dude ... becoming habit of those Aqua H2O tank .... glad all livestock and corals survived .... know you will come back stronger than ever !!

6. Johan van Aardt

Johan van Aardt I love marines [R.I.P.]

Damn man u could always pop in to northern aqautics and get a temporary home for yourself there. Glad to hear everything was saved

7. Gawiedj

Gawiedj

No Worries Jaak.
    All the guests seems happy with their new spot;)

8. Johan van Aardt

Johan van Aardt I love marines [R.I.P.]

To think i just wanted to pm you today to come view your setup

9. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

Jaak geez man sorry to hear, glad that all livestock is okay...Yours is the forth Aqua H2O tank to burst...Now im freaking cause we have the same tank...

10. Fishy Steve

Fishy Steve Hiden super user

Another H2O tank bites the dust. Dude so sorry to hear about this. Tank was looking good. Glad 2 hear livestock made it. Hope my 3 foot is safe. At least now you have a reason to upgrade. Those black silicone tanks look awesome. Keep on trucking.

11. IMarine

IMarine

HI JAAK sorry to here if you want i can barrow you a cube while you setup you other tank let me now

12. keyaam

keyaam

Sorry to hear buddy. Im glad everything survived. The Aquah20 curse is spreading. I know how that 15 minutes must have felt. When mine burst about 6 weeks ago I was at work and you know I work In Somerset West so its quite a drive. Took me 12 minutes though so now im waiting for a fine!! Good luck with the new build and just shout if you need anything.

13. Sentari

Sentari

Eish sorry to hear Jaak. Good to see you came away with no loss. People need to be aware of these Aqua H2o tanks.

14. FransSny

FransSny

Hell jaak, crap day you had...glad your LS survived

15. Slummies

Slummies

bummer,

i take it that these tanks dont come under a warranty!

16. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

eish buddy sometimes these things happen for a reason.. im sure you will have new ideas you will want to implement in the new system.. good luck.

17. seank

seank

If a lot of these tanks burst, why not take it up with the importers. Surely this is not right, plus the fact that these manufacturers do not insure your livestock

18. JD167

JD167

Hey Jaak. Damn sorry to hear man. My tank cracked about 3 weeks ago so I know that sinking feeling you got when you received that call.

At least your LS are fine. Go chat to the guys at NAAC about building you a new tank. They build awesome tanks.

19. Tony

Tony

Sorry about the tank. Unfortunately those tanks have a rep for bursting

20. JD167

JD167

Anyone have a theory on why they break? Temperature fluctuations? Pressure? Bad quality glass?

21. Jaak

Jaak Thread Starter

Thanks for all the kind words guys! It was a hell of an experience and one I did not think would happen to me. Why these tanks break will always huant us. Mine did not break in the normal way but i'm glad it happened late in the afternoon when we were home and able to rescue all the LS. Now to convince the insurance to sort me out...

Recent Posts