What a bad luck November

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Jason, 1 Dec 2014.

1. Jason

Jason

Morning all reefers...

Wow this November has been very bad.

Here is my stock list of my losses so far...

Green Bali Slimer, Elkhorn, Open Brain, Mandarin, Anthia, Fairy Wrasse, Emerald Crab, Lawnmower Blenny. My Clowns and Chromis's not looking to well, still a live and eating but not active. Rest of my corals are sulking, hammer is fully extended but tentacles just looks life less.

Most of my losses was last night and due to load shedding. For some reason when my power came back on my stove top decided to switch on by itself, on top of my stove was my sandwich press we used the previous night, well everything whet ape shit from there on.

Plate got hot and started melting the plastic from the sandwich press, i recon after few hours it caught fire, ash all over the house and in every room and on and in my tank.

I have no idea at what time this happened as we went out for the day. The heat was so intense that the plastic turned into ash. I only had 2 windows open so the house is stinking very bad and still does

I lost almost the complete list above, only things i did not lose last night was the Elkhorn and Open Brain coral, rest all from last night.

Going to let my system recover from this for a month or 2 and then add fish.

Hope December is better :(

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reaper

Reaper

Oh wow buddy, that is absolutely awful, what a bad way to go for the poor fishes.

Put in a claim against Eskom (let the princes of darkness pay!!!), and maybe your landlords also, seeing as the stove is clearly faulty!

4. Reaper

Reaper

Oh, and as soon as I'm able to frag, I'll donate to you again buddy - all my frags is still too small, unless you want some hair algae...

5. Jason

Jason Thread Starter

haha thanks @Reaper

Im my own landlord :lol:

Will have to have a meeting with myself...

Electrician is looking at it now, hes says it some sort of witchcraft! No wires are burned inside the stove top and can only think it might be the oven that shorted and activated the one plate, but everything still works switching it on and off so he thinks everything is fine..

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  6. KATHIE

KATHIE

Dam. Sorry about the mishap.

7. Reaper

Reaper

Then Eish...kom it is... claim buddy, claim. It takes long, but they must pay for their sins :m91:

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  8. lourensmocke

lourensmocke

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Very sad man.... I hope there is a way that you can claim for some of the damages...

9. Jason

Jason Thread Starter

Thanks all

Dont think i can claim... The electrician at my home says there is nothing wrong with the wiring?

How can a plate just go on without the knob being turned. I switched it off at the DB board and it went of so i switched it back on and the plate didn't come back on only when i turned the knob on the oven but it did came on thats how the whole mess started...

10. zayd

zayd

Sad to hear.

Let me know when your tank is ready and I will have a few frags for you.

11. Krushto

Krushto

Eish my condolences bud, sounds like this month truly was a rough one for you

12. Jason

Jason Thread Starter

Problem found, the plate switch on the oven is arcing. According to the electrician this should have been going on for some time.

Oven is just more than 2 years old.

Well converting to a gas stove top rather.

13. Fenton

Fenton

Sorry to hear that bud thats really painful

14. TaahirS

TaahirS MASA Contributor

15. Mr Smith

Mr Smith

Sorry to hear about your live stock.
    Rule of thumb always make sure everything is turned off by the wall when the lights are off to eliminate any surprises when they are back on.

16. Jason

Jason Thread Starter

So after fighting with insurance company I now have to pay R1600 get it replaced, very high access imo.

Pic of the top, been close to a week and the smell still very noticeable.

uploadfromtaptalk1417849459667.jpg

17. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

18. Jason

Jason Thread Starter

Not even 11 days into the new month and im having almost worse month than November.

We were robbed at my shop yesterday, cash, laptop & cellphone. Can trust no one these days

Last edited: 10 Dec 2014
  19. Rookie

Rookie

Ai, Sorry to hear man. At least you are okay. I know its not nice to suffer any loss but your safety is way mare important than any cellphone cash or laptop

20. Reaper

Reaper

Ag nee fokit man! Was it an armed robbery? Do you have a description of the guys?

Which branch do you work at?

21. Jason

Jason Thread Starter

No was more a well planned robbery. They came in from the back door while i was busy with clients in front and those clients was part of the gang. Mother, Father, son and 2 daughters. I caught them 2 blocks away and drew knifes when i approached them.

The side gate was broken open with massive force so i recon they done that the night before. The parents who came in visited the shop about a week ago, i remember them so that week ago they actually came to look how they going to go about stealing the stuff. The cash was just a bonus for them as we hardly have cash...

This was at the Bellville branch

Recent Posts