Wetting the tank

r0ckf1re

Regal Tang
Reaction score
Was just wondering what would be the easiest way to get the water into the tank?

What's safe to use to put water in? Glass, plastic.... Etc.

I have live rock that needs to go in, but there are lots of bristle starfish and some other critters with jt, I'm not keen on touching the rock to get into the tank for obvious reasons. Any advice on how to get if in without getting stung

Jacojs

Blenny
Reaction score
Use rubber gloves to pick up the rock(yellow dishwashing gloves) and use your finger tips when picking it up, dont let it rest in the palm of your hand. The water container I would suggest plastic, what if a glass container gets bumped or dropped?

r0ckf1re

Regal Tang
Reaction score
Use rubber gloves to pick up the rock(yellow dishwashing gloves) and use your finger tips when picking it up, dont let it rest in the palm of your hand. The water container I would suggest plastic, what if a glass container gets bumped or dropped?
Thanks. Wasnt sure if plastic was fine to use to fill the tank. Glass can be dangerous for sure. Will get some dishwasher gloves as well.

Jacojs

Blenny
Reaction score
You can even double or triple up on the gloves if you want :lol: if you still get stung through that then burn the rock in jet fuel!!

r0ckf1re

Regal Tang
Reaction score
You can even double or triple up on the gloves if you want if you still get stung through that then burn the rock in jet fuel!!
Now you making me more scared. I better make sure I have vinegar as well.

EFJ

Reaction score
Just rinse the gloves in water before you use them the first time as they have a white powder in them to aid with getting your hands in the gloves. I got my self a packet of disposable rubber gloves. I tend to move rocks around with my hands before I even put my gloves on and have been stung by bristle worms a couple of times. It doesn't sting at all but then the itching and swelling comes, only for a day or two.

r0ckf1re

Regal Tang
Reaction score
Just rinse the gloves in water before you use them the first time as they have a white powder in them to aid with getting your hands in the gloves. I got my self a packet of disposable rubber gloves. I tend to move rocks around with my hands before I even put my gloves on and have been stung by bristle worms a couple of times. It doesn't sting at all but then the itching and swelling comes, only for a day or two.
Thanks. Can I rinse with normal tap water or does it have to be RO.