Wesd's 1.5m Juwel

Reaction score
This thread is a little premature, but i couldnt resist :biggrin:

So tomorrow I am receiving another tank. A huge thank you must be given to Dorry for offering me the tank and for being kind enough to deliver it as well (i can only hope i get it looking half as good as she had it) :thumbup:

Im not 100% sure about all the details but i will know tomorrow when it is dropped off.

I plan to take things slowly with this tank and make sure i do it properly as i want to limit any future problems and turn it into a nice reef tank :), plus i still have no idea where im going to put it :lol: haha

Here is what i know in the mean time (will update the details tomorrow):

1.5m Juwel Rio 400 on a black cabinet
an aquamedic blue 1000 protein skimmer
juwel internal filter
T5 lighting unit
no sump (will run it with an external canister like Dorry did)

awesome :)

So the tank arrived yesterday :thumbup: a huge thank you to dorry and her husband for their generosity, i really am greatful :) got the tank, cabinet and three 2 tube T5 units (each has 1 blue and 1 white) she will also be bringing me a hang on skimmer. :biggrin:

:) you know the rules .. deliver :)

Yes boss :p haha

140720131055.jpg

140720131056.jpg

140720131060.jpg

140720131057.jpg

140720131055.jpg

140720131056.jpg

140720131060.jpg

140720131057.jpg

i still need to clean it (hopefully tomorrow or wednesday) and find a spot for it, hopefully in the lounge but i'll have to get that past the parents first :lol:

haha awesome.. very nice tank. looking forward to this build. what size is it?

all you need is a sump and a skimmer :)

its the Rio 400, so i think is either 400 or 450 ltr's im not 100% sure but its 1.5m long i'll do proper measurements when i get the chance, i thought about drilling it and putting in a sump but ive decided im going to run it exactly as Dorry ran it, with a skimmer, the internal filter and an external canister (it was looking brilliant running on this basic setup, so the plan is to try and replicate it)

i have possibly sourced a second hand canister from Raccoon and Smithers, so i think i am going to run that as my primary filtration (besides LR of course) as Dorry did when it was her setup :)

managed to get a bit more of the glass clean this afternoon, bit of a mission getting the dried polycheat worms off the glass but its getting there slowly :)

Hey Wes what happened to this thread?

well at this point its still sitting empty :whistling: have been trying to convince the parents to let me put it in the lounge but that doesnt look like its going to happen so will probably set it up under cover outside when i get some time, but university is a little hectic at the moment. So hopefully it will have water in by mid year :D

ok so after me having this tank for ages but not having the time or cash to get it going, things are finally on the move. Ive put 250ltrs in so far, just need to collect 150l more, some sand and some rock and this beast will be cycling :D (will go looking for the sand, rock and the last 150l in a few weeks after exams :) )

Update time, tank has been running for about 3 months now, i let it cycle for 2 months and started adding some livestock, current stock is as follows : 2 blue/green chromis, 2 spotted hawkfish (first additions due to their hardiness, will probably remove them as my stock list grows), 2 blennies (local and unattractive), 2 wrasse (one is hemigymnus fasciatus and the other im not sure about)... Corals include zoas, rumphela, sinularia sp., corallimorphs, candy cane, gsp, cabbage leather, pincushion and a few others (mostly small frags though)

A big thank you to @Smithers for most of the rock and some frags, as well as @Chris B for frags :) Not to forget @Dorry who is no longer on the forum for the tank :D REALLY appreciate it :) I'll try get some pics up soon

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a terrible fts to wet the appetite, i will get more (and better) pics up when i get some free time (hopefully by this weekend)

---------- Post added at 21:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 PM ----------

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom