Welcome

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm honoured to have been asked to host this Guest Forum.

For those who don't know me, here's a little background: I'm a keen hobbyist marine aquarist and DIY enthusiast. I have no commercial affiliations, and pride myself on being impartial and unbiast.

I have been keeping tropical fish for the past 40-odd years, and a marine reef tank for the past 10 years. During this time I have learnt a great deal, and have paid a lot of school fees :whistling:. I'm by no means an expert, however, and look forward to learning just as much on this forum as I will be teaching others about this great hobby of ours (did I say "hobby" - I mean lifestyle...).

I do have a very demanding daytime job, and will mostly not be able to answers posts during working hours (except now while I'm on holiday :) ). I will try to check in every evening, though, and will do my best to answer all posts (even if it's just an honest "I don't know...").

So, fire away :wave2::1::yeahdude::thumbup:

Hennie

Welcome Hennie, it's an honour to have you as a special guest.

Sorry, I was busy typing up an introduction and lost my connection and I see you've beaten me to it :)

You've pretty much said what I wanted to say and just wanted to add that you were one of my mentors when I started out in this hobby. I have learned much from you and your ability to communicate things in lay mans terms that even I could understand :)

Welcome to the team :thumbup:

Gongratlulations Hennie, You have always been more than helpfull, even so that little me can understand things that would normally be way over my head(most things are :))

Looking forward to all your help:thumbup:

Hi Hennie

Congrats and I believe well deserved. I've heard they gonna call for a public holiday and a official handing over ceremony , where you will be given the "Freedom to The City of Bloemfontein" key. I hope they give you a seat, no make that a double compartment on the Official " Sous Trein "

Good for you and The Free State - Province!!!!!!! sorry cheetahs.

Sanders

My apologies to Wee-Man, Sihaya, Seashell and all otheraliens that arenot fortunate enough to be educated in the language Afrikaans . If you relly want to know what " Sous Trein " is just ask and we will explain.

Sanders

Ah what the heck, lets help the guys out, in english it is " Gravy Train ". If you still don't know Shout Help!

My apologies to Wee-Man, Sihaya, Seashell and all otheraliens that arenot fortunate enough to be educated in the language Afrikaans . If you relly want to know what " Sous Trein " is just ask and we will explain.

Sanders

Ah what the heck, lets help the guys out, in english it is " Gravy Train ". If you still don't know Shout Help!

Seashell is Africaans matey - she just escaped back to Blighty;)

excellnt Hennie.as tridan has mentioned well deserved

If it can be done...

Hennie, now see what you've gone and gotten yourself into man?!
:w00t:

Good, sobering direction, is always in short supply.

Good on you, to start sorting out that deficit!

Congratulations Hennie....Love reading your posts ,Poignant, salient, and i gathered early on, unbiased. Sometimes difficult when you have an opinion. Well done.

(did I say "hobby" - I mean lifestyle...).

They say diet is a lifestyle. They (clever people) also say that every 3 months homo sapiens by nature need to throw a party, have a gathering, let his/her hair down and let off some steam. We have a gathering every evening after work and sometimes during work, and sometimes during class, or when we should be studying. Thats not a hobby.......you see, you just make so much sense:)
and will do my best to answer all posts (even if it's just an honest "I don't know...").
Hennie

How long is it

Hennie, now see what you've gone and gotten yourself into man?!
:w00t:
:lol::lol::lol: Unbiased now, ok.

Good, sobering direction, is always in short supply.

Good on you, to start sorting out that deficit!

Agreed Way to go Hennie:thumbup:

Last edited:
Way to go Hennie. Youll be an assett to the forums I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom