Weiss Organics

Reaction score
Guys please who knows these products and who can give me some info on experiance
with them.

For those that have never heard of them here is a link.
http://www.weissorganics.com

I have the coral boost and from the website it sounds really good but in the end
a sales man can make a jebo sound good too.

thanks.

never tried it,but the bacter boost looks quite interesting

These are the Mark Weiss products and have no experience with them, but he does not have the best reputation on boards like RC, after having read [i must admit some time ago] some of the reports, personally i would not put them in my system. JMO.

Yep I have also heard of some of his products referred to as "snake skin" before. I can't remember which ones though.

Yeah, me too, heard a few people are not happy with the products, I have never tried any of them.

Plenty good stuff out there, Sea Chem, Zeovit and Prodibio to name a few.

Thanks guys much appreciated.
Now i wish we could get better stuff in this god foresaken town.

Try one of our sponsors ;)

Hi Tridan.... I have been suggested to use the Marc Weiss products RIGHT in the beginning when I started off (+-November 2004) by the LFS..... According to them they swore by it (actually 2 different LFS' here in C/T)....

I cannot tell you at all whether this works or not, because I was FAR too new (I think I only ever used the one product - Miracle Mud I think it was - or something like it)....

One thing I can indeed tell you though - I had a micro sponge/turnicate growth second to none.... I am not sure whether this stuff contained spores, or something to fuel growth or these small off-white sponges/turnicates - BUT geez did they grow!

Umm... I'll just say what I always say: look at (and think about) the ingredients before you put anything in your tanks.

I have the F.O.R.M.( funky old reef mud) I add it into my sump, it has all the necessary chems, although i supplement with calcium hydroxide dissolved into ro(letting it settle and pour off a little clear liquid at a time. form has calcium, strontium iodine etc.

Sihaya, well could you eloborate a bit more if you know a bit more, Please.

Sure, for which product?

Coral Boost is onion, aloe vera, cayenne pepper, sweet potato, carrot... among other interesting ingredients.

Again, as I always say, I'm not going to tell you I know for sure it doesn't work. I'm just saying, think about it: why do you think aloe vera and cayenne pepper might be good for your corals? ...is there any reason to think they would be?

Sure, for which product?

Coral Boost is onion, aloe vera, cayenne pepper, sweet potato, carrot... among other interesting ingredients.

Again, as I always say, I'm not going to tell you I know for sure it doesn't work. I'm just saying, think about it: why do you think aloe vera and cayenne pepper might be good for your corals? ...is there any reason to think they would be?

You make some very good points, I would not even consider this for my tank

Back
Top Bottom