weird thing on my shroom

FransSny

Purple Tang
Reaction score
any idea guys on what is growing over my softie? it seems translucent and soft (almost like a spunge) butthe shroom has closed up completely...its neighbours are fine though
1280499439f979536.jpg

you can actually see the shroom shining through...should i take it out?

FransSny

Purple Tang
Reaction score
It looks like a sponge to me....
If it can be removed, remove it before it takes over.
Thanks Makeel...also thinking of removing (thought it was maaybe a spunge) but i have a few more in other parts, i thought they were good stuff, my water params are fine (as fine as we all hope ) do you think i should remove all, or change something ???

PS this is my wifes fav shroom...she will take away my motorcross privilages if it gets hurt !:lol:

sihaya

Cardinal
Reaction score
Have you poked this thing at all? I'm suspecting a predatory sea slug... but could be a sponge or something else... I can't tell much from the photo.

FransSny

Purple Tang
Reaction score
Have you poked this thing at all? I'm suspecting a predatory sea slug... but could be a sponge or something else... I can't tell much from the photo.
sorry for the late reply...hectic at the office, i took a plastic tweezer and gently pulled it off, felt like a spunge to the touch...still not sure but it hasnt returned yet and the shroom seems to be recovering slowly...thanks for the idea on slugs sihaya, have u maybe got any links to mor info..i have 2 other similar guys sitting alone on a piece of LR ???