Wavemakers (for Boyu TL550)

Discussion in 'Boyu TL450 and TL550 advice' started by Marine007, 4 Apr 2012.

1. Marine007

Marine007

What brand and power (flow rate) is ideal as a wavemaker for the Boyu TL550?

I'm trying a SunSun 102B (5000l/h) on my second Boyu and it seems like a quasi-whirlpool in the tank.

Think I'm going to opt for a couple of Seio Props, but would appreciate some advice.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. JS

JS

I have 2 x 2000l resun wavemakers in each corner at the bottom aimed up slightly....and then have 1 x 4000l at the top aimed over and thru my rocks.....seems to work fine for me now.....I think it really depends on your rock formation etc....took me a while to get the hang of the flow, and I still have a dead spot where stuff settles.... :-(

4. 2balive

2balive

Hi

I tried many, and have now settled on two small non-controllable Tunze Nanostreams pushing water from the back bottom corners to the top front of my tank and one very small Seio running parallel to the back pane of my tank.

I got them on a long cycle (around every 10 min change) on a AquaMedic wave controller. Yes I know these are not good stop-start pumps, but with the long cycle and the cost of the smal Tunze's it is working fine for me, have had no problems for 8 months.

Form factor was important to me, so the only other pump that has a small enough footprint was the Seio. The M (Seio Super Flow Pump) has the best footprint and mounts vertically, but is absolutely useless in moving water (for its size), found the older Prop Pump much better (in terms of moving water) and much cheaper, you also get a magnet with them.

Seio quality is not that great, have had two out of box failures (got replaced) and they often starts in reverse. I would recommend a small Tunze, have one that is now running for two years, and after sale service is great.

Upgrading to 2 x Tunze Nanostream 6055 on a Tunze Controler 7092, but must admit, they are a bit expensive. Justified it in terms of the 7092 being able to run my "one day big tank" or even two Nanos.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2012
  5. mandarinman

mandarinman

Ive got two wm 3s in my tank.

Recent Posts