[wtd] Wavemaker

Reaction score
looking for a wavemaker for my 400l tank. Dimensions are 100x50x80 cm
Don't have a vortech budget
Any recommendation are welcome too.

Dhasvir

Dash
Reaction score
Also not a bad brand, they make good return pumps and Wavemaker are cheap for a controlled one, look around tho on the classifieds, there are always guys selling their good condition Wavemakers

Reaction score
Jebao is OK untill the warranty is over. Unfortunately with them you get what you pay for. If you want something decent rather save some money and buy something a bit more expensive.

Reaction score
Jebao is OK untill the warranty is over. Unfortunately with them you get what you pay for. If you want something decent rather save some money and buy something a bit more expensive.
Agree. Also the jeabo wave makers don't like to be switched on and off like loadshedding. Damages the pump

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback! Which wavemaker do you suggest? There are so many on the market and as a newbie it is a bit overwhelming.

Reaction score
To be honest.. I tried almost all the jebao models. I stopped buying them when the rw series came out. Then I had enough of them. I'm now just using sunsun. They cheap and they pack a punch for their size. Yes they not controllable. But even when I had jebaos I used the function were it continuous blow. So didn't really use the controller. The only nice thing about the controllable jebao is they have a feed function wich I used. But other than that never fiddled with the controller. Sunsun is a couple hundred bucks. If it breaks its cheap enough just to replace.

The only other controllable pumps that's available easyly are the vortechs and tunze. But you need a bit of cash if you buy them new. Vortechs I see on the forum from time to time. But tunze almost never.

If I had to choose between them all I will definately go Tunze all the way.

Hope this help a bit.

Reaction score
To be honest.. I tried almost all the jebao models. I stopped buying them when the rw series came out. Then I had enough of them. I'm now just using sunsun. They cheap and they pack a punch for their size. Yes they not controllable. But even when I had jebaos I used the function were it continuous blow. So didn't really use the controller. The only nice thing about the controllable jebao is they have a feed function wich I used. But other than that never fiddled with the controller. Sunsun is a couple hundred bucks. If it breaks its cheap enough just to replace.

The only other controllable pumps that's available easyly are the vortechs and tunze. But you need a bit of cash if you buy them new. Vortechs I see on the forum from time to time. But tunze almost never.

If I had to choose between them all I will definately go Tunze all the way.

Hope this help a bit.
Thank you for explaining! It definitely helped a lot.

Reaction score
Thank you for explaining! It definitely helped a lot.
Could I ask you another question, for a 400 litre tank which one would you get. I see the jvp-133 goes up to 10000lph would 1 be enough? Or get 2?

Reaction score
I like using at least 2 wavemakers. One on each side of the aquarium. But I guess it all depends on what corals you have and the way the rocks are packed.

Reaction score
@melissa I'm with @Dexter on this. The Jebao's don't last. Tried and tested. I'm also using sunsun. What's your tank's dimensions? Maybe two JVP-132's OR 131's. I've got the JVP-133, that thing is strong.

Reaction score
@melissa I'm with @Dexter on this. The Jebao's don't last. Tried and tested. I'm also using sunsun. What's your tank's dimensions? Maybe two JVP-132's OR 131's. I've got the JVP-133, that thing is strong.
Thank you for your feedback. My tank is 100x50x80.

Reaction score
Cool, I'll definitely go with two of the smaller ones. If money is not an issue, then go with Tunze:m56:

Reaction score
Just make sure if you buy sunsun. Get the ones with the magnets. The older models had suction feet wich is useless.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Midasblenny Wanted 0
B@kkies Wanted 0
Z Wanted 1
Powder blue Wanted 0
S Wanted 0
Top Bottom