• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Waterbox online Pre-Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the recommended skimmer for the AIO 50.3 please?

I see that none of the units are supplied with a skimmer, just the return pump...

I will find out from the manufacturers and get back to you on that tomrrow @Nazeer

Thanks

Guys please remember if you did not do any pre-orders there won’t be any extra tanks, except for the 15 and 20 cube.

The rest are still in production and will be shipped soon wich will take 4 weeks to get here.

Thanks

What would be the recommended skimmer for the AIO 50.3 please?

I see that none of the units are supplied with a skimmer, just the return pump...

Its a week, and still no response...

But that skimmer is rated for 100 litres, roughly half the tanks' capacity?

But that skimmer is rated for 100 litres, roughly half the tanks' capacity?

@Nazeer

Maybe Waterbox should amend their spec sheet and include the AIO compartment dimensions like Innovative Marine AIO. I had a looked everywhere. No luck. But i did find a thread on reef2reef with a a pic that looks like a JNS / Aquamaxx WS-1 skimmer in the back.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/waterbox-aio-50-3.441450/

Here's the specs on the skimmer.

Footprint : L 5.9" x W 3.2" (150mm x 82mm)
Height: 14" (excluding collection up)
Collection Cup Height: 5.5"
Recommended Water Level: 8"-10"
Pump(included): Shark 1.0
Pump power consumption: 11 Watts
Filtration Rating: up to 65 Gallons (250L) (light bioload) or 30 Gallons (115L) (heavy bioload)
Requires approximately 5.5" of clearance to remove collection cup.

I'm pretty sure this skimmer will fit too.

Product Specification/Models
http://www.redstarfish-aquarium.com/sale-9090146-aquarium-mini-protein-skimmer-sq-90.html

Aquarium Mini Protein Skimmer SQ-90
Pump power H-1100,220V/50HZ
Size:130*100*400mm
Fit volum:90L-130L
MAX litre:250L
Water level:180-200mm
Max air inflow:220L/H
Qmax:1100L/H

Best is you mail waterbox for the AIO dimensions or use the live chat via their website. Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Thanks @RealReefer for that...

Still not sure which chamber/s is meant for the skimmer...
Is there a dedicated skimmer chamber?

I think that our importers/distributors need to provide solutions here

I would think the best place is the central chamber in the middle - so filter sock, bubble trap, media tray/heater and then skimmer. The Hydor slim skimmers should fit, or possibly Tunze 9004.

The point of these type of tanks is that it allows custom setups, allowing the user to decide on the filtration methods based on the needs of his tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom