Water turnover

Discussion in 'Pumps and Waterflow' started by seank, 2 Feb 2011.

1. seank

seank

Last edited: 2 Feb 2011
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Looks good, I think you're going to have some serious salt creep from the first chamber in the sump though.

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

wow sean, flow looks hectic. too much maybe? but if its not noisy or bothering you and the skimmer can service the water i see no harm in it.. now stop teasing we want to see the bigger picture :)

5. seank

seank Thread Starter

Always had salt creep Dean, I just wiped it off before I posted pics :blush:.
    But yeah, I think this time it is going to be a bit more, will have to work around it. Only way I can Oxygenate the water as I do not have any other pumps in the tank or the Jo-Jo. Must say the skimmer is working overtime, as the return pump of the skimmer is also in the first Chamber

Les, I get the desired effect with the return to the display tank. It is a 90mm return and the flow into the tank, is doing what most powerheads does, except that this is gravity. I ran the system on 01 pump- way too slow, 02 pumps- almost adequate but not enough current in the display tank, 03 pumps- perfect, but the problem now is that I need to raise my sump with at least 50mm on height, as the pumps empty the sump very fast, and when I add more water and switch the power off, the syphon water floods the sump. So yes, I am going to run it with 03 pumps for now, waiting for the glass to raise the sump.

Hopefully in Time I can get 01 huge return pump, running on lower voltage, but with lots of force

Last edited: 2 Feb 2011
  6. seank

seank Thread Starter

just so you know, it is still working fine

7. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

and the salt creep?

Put a glass lid on the first chamber. A 8mm piece with two holes drilled into is, for the 2 pipes. So that the salt creep is contained inside. Also it should then not get time to dry out, as it does on the outside, and should be washed down automatically back into the water.

But if you are happy, why change?

8. seank

seank Thread Starter

@RiaanP still happy with the saltcreep also. Reason, maybe it is just me,but I love walking into the engine room, wipe my finger over the salt, and taste it. For some reason it taste nicer than the normal table salt, and it reminds me of the type of tank I have. Sounds stupid, but even have the kids doing it sometimes. Saltcreep is also not that bad, less than what I have seen on other tanks. Thaks for the glass tip. Shall remember that

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts