Water Temp

I would say 26 to 29. Stability is the key though. No sudden changes even if within this range. Above 29 degrees starts to become a problem.

26-27!!
Chiller switches on at 27deg.
So it hovers between 26 and 27 Deg.

Mine stays 27-28 chiller kicks in at 28...

IMO stability is the main issue with regards temp. at the higher ranges your livestock will have increased metabolism and less oxygen available in the water column.

Psycho, if your tank gets too warm try and get one of those large fans and have it blow over the sump. It does increase evaporation though. If need be add some PC fans to your canopy.

my tank is set at 26, it is dropping to 23 overnight now, and that's with a temp controller and 500w of heating :( Think I am going to have to add more heaters.

You need to insulate that outside area of yours Viper, that is the reason for the huge decrease overnight.

i run mines at 26

Im fortunate in the sense that the tank stands in my TV room.
The TV room has those old wooden blocks, so its quite warm in there.
Therefore i use a tiny 150W heater. Lucky me. Its set only on like 24Deg.
But with lights and pumps the Temp runs at 26Deg.

Thanks for this post, I read that 25 is a good reef temp so I have had mine at 24.5 - 25.5.. cool, I can allow 1 degree incr when the MH go in.

Coolio

Muz

This reminds of of something I wanted to ask for a while, where can I get temp controlled fans and does anyone here use them?

Back
Top Bottom