Water Quality

lappiesreef

Cardinal
Reaction score
Some units can, but they have to have UV sterilizers and micron filters.

Sparky

Shrimp
Reaction score
I actually forgot to ask, but would it even affect marine life?? Yes it could make us sick, but would anything in our tanks be harmed?

lappiesreef

Cardinal
Reaction score
These are mostly bacterial contamination. If your life stock is healthy it should not be a problem. The salt water also acts as an antibacterial for allot of the water born diseases.

459b

Reaction score
The salt water also acts as an antibacterial for allot of the water born diseases
depends on the disease. Alot of diseases are a result of what the bacteria produce and not the bacteria.

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
I imagime most would be removed by RO process, if i remember correctly that is where RO was started coverting Urine back to drinkable water on space craft although i may be wrong here.

gaboon

Foxface
Reaction score
I imagime most would be removed by RO process, if i remember correctly that is where RO was started coverting Urine back to drinkable water on space craft although i may be wrong here.
Cool! I'm gonna start recycling mine, save a flush:)

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Eeeuu, just make sure the membrane in your RO comes from NASA.:peroni:

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Might be an idea to upgrade your RO unit to a 5 or 6 stage, I would imagine it would help a bit.

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Gross.

But I would imagine only about half of your pee would become water in the end dunno.

Still gross though.