wanted tank

space is not a prob i have no experience in keeping sw tanks . so that is why i intend on buying an nano for now . i do have an 3 foot tank ii intend to convert it to sw but don't know where to start
The small nano for me is a waist of money 3 fishes a shrimp and 3 softies.

Hi, i said the bigger nano, 120l or do you want a bigger one. You can also pay it of monthly at Aquria-Sa. Dont know what is your budget. Belindamotion will get you the link for Lawrence at Aquria - Sa.

space is not a prob i have no experience in keeping sw tanks . so that is why i intend on buying an nano for now . i do have an 3 foot tank ii intend to convert it to sw but don't know where to start

Great, start on that if you like,my first reef tank was that size it flopped but took alot longer to flop then if i had gotten a nano like 37lt.

Since size isn't an issue rather convert this tank rather than start with a nano.
Nano's can be more finicky and hence can be more work if you mess up.

Ok lets see some pics of your tank and i need to know what you want to keep before i can advise you further.

Softies and hardy fish?maybe some lps?
If so then the set-up can be very simple.

Just remember one thing once you started,you FILL-UP your tank initially with SALTWATER then when water evaporates you TOP OFF with FRESHWATER.Reason is salt doesn't evaporate only the water does.

Since finances are tight i suggest you buy stuff of the for sale section,can save you a packet buying things others have grown out of.

Post some pics first and we'll take it from there.

Whats up with everyone only trying to sell this guy stuff?!!
:eek:

Cameron I started up like you as a student on a tight budget,you should do your own research first before buying.

Get what suits YOUR needs not everyone else's.

If you convert your current tank you will have to invest in some lights,skimmer,heater,a filtration system which will include a pump or two(dsb,refugium,cubes,po4 remover...choose something to handle nitrates and po4- read up on the nitrogen cycle if you haven't yet as this is probably the single most important aspect of keeping a marine tank with fish) and maybe drill the tank with overflow.

Check up on price of these things first and then weigh it up with the cost of a ready set-up to decide for yourself what you would prefer,this will also be determined by factors like are you the type of person that likes to diy or not.Some people love setting up their own tanks and others don't.

If you already have a tank why don't you convert the tank and start from there.

i am still in school and don't have a monthly income but have enough for an 37 l

hi there call us we are able to assist you:thumbup: 071 203 2879

Back
Top Bottom