Wanted sump

Reaction score
anyone wanna sell a 3 chamber sump?
mine got cracked last nite in first chamber:(
will collect

Sorry to hear man. Why dont you state what size you looking for,might help.

900lx250x250.busy taking sizes now.maybe wanna get a 1.2m to fit.
thanx mekaeel
what kind of risk is it to fit new sump and new dsb to my tank?
will it cycle again?

build yourself a new one, very easy.

i built a 1.2m sump 2 weeks ago, it took me one day for R500, and the next day it got used

been reading the diy section.just gonna buy a normal tank and put two dividers in. just need two glass sections marine sillicone and a sixpack.thanx lanzo

thats the way to go louw diy , it's part of the hobby and nice to see your own masterpiece afterwards
:thumbup:

i built my 1meter sump too. its very easy. just make sure of a few things:

1) when u get the glas cut make sure they sand the edges, it saves a-lot of slices on your hands and the silicone adheres better.

2) use 6mm glass all round if u can afford it. or go for a 6mm base and the rest 4mm (works well)

3) marine silicone

4) don't worry about bracing the tank. the dividers do the job of that.

5) make the return chamber big enough so that it can handle a good day or 2's evaporation, saved my return pump many times when i go away and forget to fill my topup drum properly.

6) BOB's your uncle, enjoy it!

geof- why 6mm base, this is not necessary for a sump?
The panels will take the strain of the bottom, but their won't be allot of down word force on the bottom panel( one only needs to go thick bottom panel in dt, for all the LR and live sand and water capacity)

you can go 6mm all round if you got little kiddies playing rugby near your sump:p

because my 4mm base cracked. trust me, when u going for a 1.2m sump and a big dsb, that thing will hold 60kgs of sand easily!

the problem is the length, i.e it tends to compress on the polystyrene in the middle were the dsb is, which causes it to bend and crack. 6mm is safer IMO...

because my 4mm base cracked. trust me, when u going for a 1.2m sump and a big dsb, that thing will hold 60kgs of sand easily!

the problem is the length, i.e it tends to compress on the polystyrene in the middle were the dsb is, which causes it to bend and crack. 6mm is safer IMO...

shot man

hope the sump i built won't break, i built a 1.2m with 4mm and dsb is about 700mm in length and dsb deep 12mm

when did yours crack?(over time?)

Also loads of us add LR, this probably doubles the weight, so thicker is safer

gf chucked lr in the chamber and it cracked bottom corner.did a temp fix with glass and sillicone.gonna get a 1.2 by henk to be safe.thanx for the advice guys.

hey lanzo. just remember i also put a brand new piece of polystyrene so it had to compress a bit still. mine cracked after about 3-4 days.

Louw - I too have something in that size that you can easily add 2 more chambers to make it a 3 chamer sump. Between Henk and myself you have a decent choice ;-)

Decide and get back to us! We are the closest. In my case, you can have it for free....

Back
Top Bottom