• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Wanted reliable test kits

Reaction score
Could any of our sponsors please inform me of what kits they have and price.
I am looking for the following rather urgently.
Phosphate
Calcium
Alk

Please i have tried sera nutrifin and red sea, i am not happy with them as thy iether do not measure far enough down the scal, (po4) or are not consistent against each other, or them selves.

Thanks in advance.:yeahdude:

Being in East London, you should consider the La Motte range. They are absolutely awesome, extremely accurate and distributed by somebody in your area. That said for Ca and Alk. Other viable options would be Seachem.
W.r.t. PO4, I am not familiar with either of these brands kits. I also doubt whether any kit which relies on human judgement yeilds results accurate enough down to the levels which you want to test for.

rather spend the money on PO4 export, and save a bit each month towards something like a Hanna/Martini colorimeter.(+/- R2K)

thanks ivan the best po4 test we have here only measure's 0.0 to 10
so i think i need a bit of a lower scale to measure to.

I am waiting for lamotte kits all in process but while i wait i need to have some sort of deceant gauge on whats going on in the tank. dont mind wasting the money even if its for a few weeks.

Then get hold of some Salifert kits, not the most accurate, but good enugh for intended purposes. Don't bother with PO4 testing, especially at this stage.
Like I said, prevent its import, and focus on its export...

Thanks Ivan have been looking into po4 reactor also looking at my own design,
they are quite simple, but will only diy it if i am really confident it will work.

LOW on stock

Have seen/heard about your short-term needs.

AQuality can offer you Seachem Multitest Phosphate .Seachem Multitest pH and Alkalinity

Calcium, due in about 1month.

Send pm if interested.

Other kits available:
Seachem
Marine Basic [pH and Alkalinity, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate]
Reef Special [Phosphate, Silicate, Iodide]

EL delivery no problem!

hey REDSEA is K@K!!!!!!
Get pharmasutical's test kits, great stuff (don't really know the spelling)

Back
Top Bottom