• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Wanted : Phosphate removing resin/granules

Yes, for sure.

Have we established the REASON for phosphate media ?
Have we ID'd PO4 source/s ?
Have we reduced, eventually eliminated any further PO4 input ?
Have we increased flowrate across all surfaces - rock & substrate ?
Is our skimmer up for it ?
Have we removed any dodgy rock/substrate ?
Have we isolated any afflicted rock/substrate ?

If Ja, to above interrogation....:wave2:

AQuality can offer you
Phosguard
and Seagel, both by Seachem

pm us ASAP with tank/sytem volume
(email/calling is even better!)

I use the Seachem Phosguard, awesome stuff :thumbup:

Sorry I have to ask. Why are you using a phosphate remover. You need to find out what is causing the phosphate problem. Remover just keeps taking it out of the water but doesn't get rid of the source

Yes agreed you need to find the source, but if you have a problem and want to reduce currently high phosphate the Seachem phosgaurd is a good call.

Sorry I have to ask. Why are you using a phosphate remover. You need to find out what is causing the phosphate problem. Remover just keeps taking it out of the water but doesn't get rid of the source
I am using it as a prevention, not as a cure. Rather safe than sorry.

i do not have a phosphate problem, but was considering a preventative. mine sits between 0.01 & 0.02

Seachem Phosgaurd is good stuff. Phosphate problems are complex though. As Obi Wan has suggested, the root of the problem needs to be identified first.

Remover just keeps taking it out of the water but doesn't get rid of the source
Nothing gets rid of all the sources, we can only minimize them. Every input of food is a source of PO4, every bit of algae that dies is a source, every fish that poops, every bit of water that is added without going through ro/di is a source, ro alone simply not good enough.

i do not have a phosphate problem, but was considering a preventative.
Good
mine sits between 0.01 & 0.02

Completely acceptable values, actually great params. Using some Phosguard will help keeping it there. BTW how are you measuring?

need to get it to zero
not that easy!! 0.01 up to 0.03 fully acceptable.

I would not trust a red Sea PO4 kit at all. Actually i would not trust any hobby grade test kit to measure down to the values we require. Personally I use a Hanna photometer, measures in increments of 0.01 and very accurate.

I would not trust a red Sea PO4 kit at all. Actually i would not trust any hobby grade test kit to measure down to the values we require. Personally I use a Hanna photometer, measures in increments of 0.01 and very accurate.
Ivan, where do you get these photometer.

Back
Top Bottom