Wanted. Macroalgae for tiny display tank

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some awesome macroalgae for a nano/micro/tiny tank, sump i am building. Its my first time setting up a macroalgae display tank so its going to be really small, something to go on my desk.
Any one have some nice red, Purple, green macroalgae (dont know all of the names yet) :). i have searched but cannot find any. Im in the Midrand area and will drive to collect. Hoping to setup something like the attached but on a much much smaller scale.

Attachments

• Macro 1.jpg
    Macro 1.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 35
Hi, I am looking for some awesome macroalgae for a nano/micro/tiny tank, sump i am building. Its my first time setting up a macroalgae display tank so its going to be really small, something to go on my desk.
Any one have some nice red, Purple, green macroalgae (dont know all of the names yet) :). i have searched but cannot find any. Im in the Midrand area and will drive to collect. Hoping to setup something like the attached but on a much much smaller scale.

Hi, I've got some Chaeto in Edenvale if you'd like

Try these guys....They use to ship all over. Not sure if they still do

Last edited:
I too am looking for different types, especially dragon's breath.
I see algea barn are not shipping internationally yet.

Try these guys....They use to ship all over. Not sure if they still do
Hi, i got in contact with Algae barn. they currently are not shipping internationally. They cannot tell me when this will change though.

Some of the coral in this picture is NPS, (can be wrong just looked quickly) not all are algea. NPS don't really use light and they mostly survive on food, which they need about 3 times a day and that's why you need good filtration for them. But as I said I could be wrong

Hi there I have some furn calipa alge a if you would like you can pm me

Some of the coral in this picture is NPS, (can be wrong just looked quickly) not all are algea. NPS don't really use light and they mostly survive on food, which they need about 3 times a day and that's why you need good filtration for them. But as I said I could be wrong
Yeah i only noticed this now :) . The ones on the right are. still looks awesome. but yeah im trying to build something that wont need filtration

It is possible. I don't know what light you will ryn but you need something to make flow, you might get cyano like i did

i have a good light for grow and i have a power head for the flow. i also think i should get some inverts too but im not sure

Back
Top Bottom