Wanted: Live rock and live sand

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My tank is up and running with water as of this weekend. Will keep an eye on it during the week, and monitor SG, PH and temp.

I think i should be able to stabilise the above parameters by the weekend, so I would like get some live rock to start cycling it.

I live near Alberton in the south of JHB, and so preferably will be looking for sellers or stores close by (willing to travel, but not to pretoria).

Please let me know if you are selling or are aware of anybody that has some good live rock for sale.

PS how do i transport this once i have bought it? Buckets with water from my tank?

(mods, please move this to "For Sale" section if need be, i can't post in that section. Thanks)

Reaction score
My bad, i didnt mention, my DSB is already setup, i actually just need like a cup full of live sand to seed my DSB.

Reaction score
He ships all over,but im not sure what the costs are. Ask him maybe he can make a plan.At least you know you are getting the best stuff
000200BE.gif

Reaction score
Ill Have some good LR for sale by the weekend. R 80/kg. If you take more than 20kg, I don't mind meeting you halfway.

Reaction score
i have got about 10kg of aragonite sugar sized in my tank and 2kg still in the bag. Sugar sized is to small for the pumps i have so the sand gets shifted all the bloody time. i am going to buy bigger granules. so if you keen pm me. only thing is you'll have to wait till next month as i am in the middle of exams. so i won't be faffing around with sand right now:) and i have two pieces of rock to sell

Reaction score
i have got about 10kg of aragonite sugar sized in my tank and 2kg still in the bag. Sugar sized is to small for the pumps i have so the sand gets shifted all the bloody time. i am going to buy bigger granules. so if you keen pm me. only thing is you'll have to wait till next month as i am in the middle of exams. so i won't be faffing around with sand right now:) and i have two pieces of rock to sell
Hi Mike, i saw your post about the live rock for sale. I would have taken it, but seeing as i need quite a bit, i will be easier (and cheaper cause of petrol) to just get it all from one place. Thanks for the offer though, appreciate it.

Reaction score
Mathewis, got some pics of that rock?

Tank is bare dude (as you probably know lol) so i am looking for some nice big pieces, to stretch along the length of the tank

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DannyJ Wanted 2
Johan99 Wanted 10
Gary Wanted 0
Kraken Wanted 1
Karen1986 Wanted 3