Wanted: HOB Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a HOB Aquaclear (or similar) filter. Smaller = better.

I will pay for it or swop for a small Montipora Frag (+cash).

I prefer AquaClear as the filter inserts are readily available. But will consider any brand.

Thanks.

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
What size you looking for, got a few left over from the fresh water days?

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I can't really remember what sizes they come in as it's been a few years. Maybe the medium'ish one I suppose. I have one that came with a 14L tank on a 50L so it's a bit struggling..hehe. You know how it goes. Set up a temp setup then it becomes a more permanent tank..lol.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Are these those hang on things with a pipe that goes into the tank and pulls water up then through carbon or whatever and then back into the tank?

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I currently have an AquaH2O. Nice filters but mine is the smallest one available. Hence the upgrade.

Does anyone know if the AquaClear/AquaH2O cartridges will fit the Boyu ones? Maybe they're all standard?

Reaction score
they are not i have both but bigish ones, you can however modify the aquh2o to take the aquaclear media holder all you need to do is find the media holder that fits in the aquah2o from the aquaclear range and it works well have done that with one of mine

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
gali i might have an old one you can have its an aquaclear mini... will even go past the lfs and get some refills for you if you want.....

its very old though still the brown casing.....

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Les, hang on. But thanks for the offer. I might have changed my mind. A lot depends on how much money I blow this weekend...haha. Might get rid of one of my setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.