Wanted: Different macro algaes

Discussion in 'Biological/Natural Filtration and Deep Sand Beds' started by Vishaal, 8 Jun 2010.

1. Vishaal

Vishaal

Hi All,

I am looking for macro algae that do not grow fast and some different types, If anyone has anything would be keen to see some pictures and perhaps steal a bit ;)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. crispin

crispin

ive got some very dense slow growing dark red macro algae, tangs love to eat it, but u have to organise postage...

4. Vishaal

Vishaal Thread Starter

Hi Crispin,

Got some pictures of it and what are the lighting requirements for them to grow?

5. crispin

crispin

sure....

[​IMG]

but i must confess that I am pulling your chain slightly :( i would gladly give you some and its far nicer in tank that that pic but i live in Norway so I am not going to be able to send it to you.

you could perhaps pm dallas as he enjoys weird herbs and plants too.

for the record its very slow growing and very light loving, i have this under 150w MH

6. Vishaal

Vishaal Thread Starter

damn does look nice thou :)

7. Dane

Dane

lovely macro crispin... methinks i need to go rockpooling. there is an incredible blue algae that you get here, but I think i might need to ask my profs where to find some...

8. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Pssst Dane If you find some of that blue algae please take enough for me too? Thanx in advance

9. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

let me know when you plan on going, im still looking for more shrimps and strap caulerpa. I think we might need to plan a collection trip to the "warmer" coast. Perhaps Arniston area?

10. Dane

Dane

Liking the idea dave!

11. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

wow that sounds cool guys. I'll keep on hunting for these mysterious glass shrimp at our local rockpools. I saw loads about almost 2months ago & for the last 2-3 weeks zip only the psycho flat green buggers & some sand crabs well actually I've seen about 3 or 4 different species of crab over the weekend. LOL when collecting & especially at night did you eve get the feeling that somethings watching you? Well for a few weeks while I was checking out what interesting critters I could find I had that feeling on several different occasions & then last week I caught the bugger stalking me & it was this little redish purplish octopus & said to the bugger that if I caught him stalking me again then I'm going to snatch him & put him in a alcatraz tank where nothing can escape. It would have been easyto catch him as he just stayed in my net for a while & when I wanted to leave & get him out of the net, he just held on for dear life so I| could have just put him in my bucket but I had no place to put him as he would escape easily.

Recent Posts