Wanted: Cheap (small) clams?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all - I have been trying to get hold of some more clams now for a VERY long time. Anyone in/around Cape Town area have any for me for sale? Anyone know anyone who has them for sale? Anyone know any LFS that has them for sale?

Type of clam does not make a difference - as long as it belongs to the "Giant clam" family and is alive! ;-)

I will also post in the sponsor forums.

jaquesp
beware of the size!! the smaller the clam the more difficult to keep alive! as a general rule notjing smaller than 8cm

good luck im sure you will come right

Thanks Calvin. I have one already in my tank - I got it when it was +-10cm - it's now grown to +-13cm in size.... It seems to be VERY happy. (It is indeed growing and it is expanding it's mantle during lights-on time (permanently) and it reacts to movement - so, I am assuming it is quite happy ;-) (And oh yes - it's coloration is stunning - maroon/brown'ish with fluorescent blue/purple spots/marks on the mantle...

have you seen my baby? about 30cm now

here he is
101_4640.jpg

btw northlands gets nice ones in from R350

btw northlands gets nice ones in from R350

Will they ship to me in Cape Town? And I presume that it will HAVE to be over-night, right? Or perhaps quicker? Otherwise the poor clam might not make it....

yes they will ship you must order in advance as they sell fast

do that there is some one in cpt keeping one for me a croaca you can take if you want R350 electric blue

do that there is some one in cpt keeping one for me a croaca you can take if you want R350 electric blue
Geez - I would definitely NOT say no. If you would do this for me, I would really appreciate it! If you can assist in letting them know then, please?

Many thanks, Calvin! Who should I give the money to? You? Or the "someone"?
Thanks.

its not a giant though!
Im getting two gigas soon if you interested

contact michelle im sure you know her tell her you taking the clam she has reserved for me

No - I have not seen your clam yet - GEEZ 30cm is a VERY NICE SIZE! I just LOVE clams! Would love to have more of them, but they seem scarce in Cape Town at the moment....

jacquesb hope your equipment can handle a clam that big, if they are scarce in CT head over to the red light district. Big or rather used clams there ?

jacquesb hope your equipment can handle a clam that big, if they are scarce in CT head over to the red light district. Big or rather used clams there ?

Smithers - clearly you do NOT get ENOUGH clam! ;-)

Ok - on to the one's that I keep in my marine tank......:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom