WANTED-Bekkett Skimmer

Reaction score
I am looking for second hand bekkett skimmer that is rated up to a 1000l tank.Let me now what you guys got. I cannot find anyone selling them here

Hi Suhayl -

Just as some more information for you - the beckett style skimmers are extremely scarce. As far as I know, people will only have this, if specially imported for them. So, I really hope that you get this item that you require, but, IF you do, it might be reasonably expensive.

Good luck in your quest.

Post in Eco Aqautics forums, Reef Octo does make one, real nice:thumbup:

Reef Octopus does a beckett style skimmer, looks very good.

Hi Suhayl -

Just as some more information for you - the beckett style skimmers are extremely scarce. As far as I know, people will only have this, if specially imported for them. So, I really hope that you get this item that you require, but, IF you do, it might be reasonably expensive.

Good luck in your quest.

What is the differnce of a beckett style skimmer to the norm ?

Beckett skimmer

The Beckett skimmer has some similarities to the downdraft skimmer but introduced a foam nozzle to produce the flow of air bubbles. The name Beckett comes from the patented foam nozzle developed and sold by the Beckett Corporation (United States), although similar foam nozzle designs are sold by other companies outside the United States (e.g. Sicce (Italy)). Instead of using the plastic media that is found in downdraft skimmer designs, the Beckett skimmer uses design concepts from previous generations of skimmers, specifically the downdraft skimmer and the venturi skimmer (the Beckett 1408 Foam Nozzle is a modified 4 port venturi) to produce a hybrid that is capable of using powerful pressure rated water pumps and quickly processing large amounts of aquarium water in a short period of time. Commercial Beckett skimmers come in single Beckett, dual Beckett, and quad Beckett designs. Well engineered Beckett skimmers are quiet and reliable but the powerful pumps used in larger Beckett skimmer designs can take up additional space, introduce additional noise, and use more electricity than less powerful pumps. Unlike the Downdraft and Spray Induction skimmers, Beckett skimmer designs are produced by a number of companies in the United States and elsewhere and are not known to be restricted by patents.
from
Protein skimmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bekkett skimmer

thanks guys for your great input. Reef Inmates has one but a bit out of my budget right now. They are kick ass skimmers and when i have enough money I will get me one.

Yes they are powerful skimmers, But their electricity consumption does concern me. They are not cheap to run, and with the current electricity crisis and rationing of power, I would not recommend these skimmers. Once eskom is up and running again, by all means.

Back
Top Bottom