Wait.....what was that? Saaaliinnityy?

Thanks Dexter. My tank (nano) is small and I am cautious to use vinegar. I am a newbie still so lots to learn about using things like vinegar in a tank. I don't know how my parameters will be affected when squinting 1ml of vinegar/lemon juice/h2o2 in the tank.

I would love a filefish, but I don't think I can have one in my tank due to the size. Also not sure if those are completely reef safe. I also have a six line "douche bag" (six line wrasse). Think it might terrorise the it if I add it now.

Hello,

This tank has now been running for 3 years, 5 months and 5 days. I have learned many (hard) lessons during this time, and the hardest lesson of them all: patience.

With that said, I believe I have learned enough to progress to a bigger tank. This tank is still running and will continue to run until the time the upgrade has cycled. Should things go according to plan, I should shut down the nano during June or July.

After much deliberation, I settled on a 60 cm cube. The cube was started on 4 January 2019. The journey continues

Regards,
Joe

Last edited:
Hi,

Updating this thread with a heavy heart. This tank was hit with severe RTN and I lost most of my coral. Water was very milky and had a smell of liver. For some reason my acropora, millepora and encrusting monti was not affected by this.

I fragged all sps that appeared unaffected by this and moved them over to my new tank. Unfortunately, this tank has finished its cycle during the previous week and I am not 100% sure it is stable for coral. However, in my mind it was the best opportunity for survival. I assume I will have to move the corals back as soon as possible to the old tank. Any advice regarding a time frame after sps being affected by RTN?

As for fish and my clean up crew, these seem fine. I was able to perform a number of water changes. I added an extra bag of carbon and made sure the skimmer was clean to ensure peak performance.

If it finished its cycle it should be stable. Just make sure when you move corals that the parameters are the same or
acclimate them to the new tank and they should be fine.

RTN happens for no apparent reason sometimes. Some are affected and others not

Back
Top Bottom